The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 479 (4/2/22)
Tatuaje TAA Tuxtla Line Announced
This week Tatuaje announced a series of Mexican wrapped cigar based on its existing lines called Tatuaje Tuxtla. We got the details here.
- Alec Bradley: The Alec Bradley Fine & Rare BC-(13)4EV is heading to stores
- Altadis USA: Announced the Montecristo 1935 Anniversary Nicaragua Espeso line extension
- Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust: Announced the Muestra de Saka Bewitched
- Crowned Heads: The company announced the Four Kicks Mule Kick LE 2012.
- El Politico: The cigar crafted for PCA Deputy Director Joshua Habursky is getting national distribution
- Forged Cigar Company: Announced the Diesel Sunday Gravy Gabagool
- Protocol Cigars: The Protocol Hard Coal Detective was announced
- Toscano Cigars: The Toscano Extravecchio is heading to the U.S. Market
- Cavalier Genève: Announced a price increase effective May 1.
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- Tatuaje T110 (2021)
- La Aurora Fernando León Limited Edition Belicoso
- Protocol Pool Party Year 2
- Weller by Cohiba (2021, Robusto)
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
- None this week
Features and Blog
- No Feature Stories Published this week
- No Blog posts this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
- No Show this Week
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show this Week
Prime Time Jukebox
4/4: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 68: The 2022 Dedications Show
4/5: Prime Time Special Edition 118: The Baseball Show
4/6 The Smoking Syndicate Roundtable #5: EIROA PCA Exclusive 11/18
4/7: Prime Time Episode 224: Five Year Anniversary Show w/ Justin Andrews, STG
On This Date…
On this date April 2nd…
- Apr 2, 2012: We re-published a press release on Senor Solomon Cigars.
- Apr 2, 2012: Our Editor’s Corner for the month was titled “No Madness for March“.
- Apr 2,2013: We re-published a press release on Butthead’s Tobacco “A Night in Santiago”
- Apr 2, 2013: We reported on the planned launch of the Ditka Throwback.
- Apr 2, 2013: We reposted a press release announcing Leccia Tobacco.
- Apr 2, 2013: We previewed the “E” by BOTL, LLC
- Apr 2, 2014: We assessed the Undercrown Dogma by Drew Estate
- Apr 2, 2014: We reported on the Tatuaje TAA 2014.
- Apr 2, 2015: We reported on the return of the La Palina Family Series.
- Apr 2, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 19 (4/2/16)
- Apr 2, 2016: We reported on the Espinosa Alpha Dawg
- Apr 2, 2017: We assessed the Island Lifestyle Aged Reserve Sungrown Toro
- Apr 2, 2018: We reported on Scandinavian Tobacco Group finalizing the Thompson Cigar acquisition
- Apr 2, 2018: We reported on the release of the Montecristo Linea 1935
- Apr 2, 2018: We assessed the Muestra de Saka Unicorn by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- Apr 2, 2019: We assessed the Alec Bradley Fine & Rare JRS 10=(86) Second Issue
- Apr 2,2020: We assessed the Lars Tetens Serie D Robusto
- Apr 2, 2020: We reported on the CAO Expedición TAA Exclusive
- Apr 2, 2021: We assessed the Mombacho Cosecha 2015
- Apr 2, 2021: We reported on the Drew Estate Herrera Estelí Tienda Exclusiva for Vintage Cigar Lounge
- Apr 2, 2021: We reported on Maya Selva Cigars’ Cumpay Robusto Maduro
- Apr 2, 2021: We reported on the Frontline Defender Lonsdale