The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 486 (5/21/22)
United Cigars to Relaunch Red Anchor Brand
It isn’t every day we see a brand celebrating its 250th anniversary, but that’s what Red Anchor is doing. The dormant brand was recently acquired by United Cigars, and it’s getting a relaunch at the 2022 Premium Cigar Association (PCA) Trade Show to coincide with the milestone. We’ve got the details here.
- Drew Estate: We reported on the Liga Privada H99 Connecticut Corojo Phineas Gage and the return of the Liga Privada Unico Serie Year of the Rat for 2022.
- United Cigars: Announced it has shipped the La Mezcla Cubana Rothschild
- CLE Cigar Company: We reported on the company’s 2022 TAA Exclusive release, the Asylum 13 11/18.
- Forged Cigar Company: Details on the El Rey Del Mundo by AJ were announced
- Joya de Nicaragua: Announced the Numero Uno L’Attache will have a national release. The company also announced the Antaño CT Lonsdale
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- Espinosa Laranja Reserva Azulejo Gordo
- La Aroma de Cuba Pasión Marveloso by Ashton Cigars
- Punch Aniversario
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None this week
The Smoking Syndicate
- None this week
Features and Blog
- No Feature Stories Published this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
- None This Week
Upcoming Schedule5/26 Prime Time Episode 228: Terence Reilly, Aganorsa Leaf
5/30 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 71: TBA
6/14: Prime Time Special Edition 122: Michael Herklots, Ferio Tego
On This Date…
On this date May 21st…
- May 21, 2011: We did a pre-release assessment of the PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Habana.
- May 21, 2012: We assessed the Burn Special Reserve by Rocky Patel
- May 21, 2012: We previewed the Cuenca y Blanco by Joya de Nicaragua
- May 21, 2013: We previewed the Nat Sherman 1930 Collection
- May 21, 2013: We assessed the Padron 1964 Anniversary – Draper’s 125 Anniversary Edition Natural
- May 21, 2013: We reported on the Espinosa 601 La Bomba Warhead release.
- May 21, 2013: We reported on the plans for the 2013 releases of Quesada Oktoberfest and Tres Reynas (3 Reynas)
- May 21, 2014: We assessed the Partagas 1845 Extra Fuerte
- May 21, 2015: We reported on the Flores y Rodriguez 10th Anniversary Reserva Limitada by PDR Cigars.
- May 21, 2015: We reported on the Gran Habano Announces Private Humidor Selection by George Rico
- May 21, 2015: We reported on the Viaje Throwdown release.
- May 21, 2015: We assessed the Azan Maduro Natural Robusto Extra by Roberto P. Duran Cigars.
- May 21, 2015: We reported on the MBombay’s new line extensions to Mora and Kesara, Vintage Reserve releases, and can packaging.
- May 21, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 26 (5/21/16)
- May 21, 2017: We assessed the Lamborghini 1963 GTV Maduro
- May 21, 2017: We reported on the Viaje Skull and Bones WMD for 2017
- May 21, 2018: We published Prime Time Special Edition 31: One Year Anniversary with Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr.
- May 21, 2018: We reported on Newman relaunching its Save Cigar City Campaign
- May 21, 2018: We reported on the Aganorsa Leaf’s ReviveR by Casa Fernandez
- May 21, 2018: We reported on Diesel Whiskey Row
- May 21, 2019: We reported on George Sosa departing Alec Bradley
- May 21, 2019: We reported on the Crux Guild and Limitada Short Salomone
- May 21, 2019: We reported on Cigar Marketplace’s initial client list
- May 21, 2019: We reported on C.L.E. Cigar Company’s Eiroa Dark
- May 21, 2019: We published Live from the 2019 Drew Estate Florida Barn Smoker with Pedro Gomez
- May 21, 2020: We reported on Drew Estate canceling its 2020 Barn Smoker Events
- May 21, 2020: We assessed the RoMa Craft Tobac Neanderthal LH
- May 21, 2021: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Encore 656 by E.P. Carrillo (TAA Exclusive)