The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 35 Edition 288 (7/28/18)
We commenced our IPCPR Spotlight Series:
- Spotlight on Cattle Baron Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on De Los Reyes Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Crowned Heads at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Crux Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Global Premium Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Miami Cigar and Company at the 2018 IPCPR
We also filed the following reports. We will be filing more reports over the next several weeks.
- Alec Bradley: Quietly the brand unveiled the Alec Bradley Bespoke. Finally the Alec Bradley Fine & Rare 2018 release was unveiled.
- Camacho: The brand announced the Camacho Diploma Special Selection 11/18 and unveiled the third Brotherhood Series release, the Camacho Hard Charger.
- Cohiba: The brand showcased the Cohiba Spectre.
- Davidoff: The company launched a new brand called Back2Back
- JSK Cigars: The company officially launched its JSK Toothpicks 2.0 offering.
- La Gloria Cubana: The brand showcased the La Gloria Cubana Estelí.
- Macanudo The M by Macanudo was launched at this year’s trade show.
- Mombacho: New packaging for Liga Maestro was introduced.
- Partagas: The Partagás Legend was showcased at this year’s trade show.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: The company introduced its Weaslitos project.
- Southern Draw: The 300 Hands project was officially unveiled.
- Viaje: The company introduced the first installment of the Viaje Private Keep Series.
- Vintage Rock-A-Feller Cigar Group: The company launched the Rock-A-Feller Vintage Red Label Maduro Lancero.
- Casa Cuevas Cigars: The company announced the new Casa Cuevas Clásico Prensado Habano and Maduro line extensions.
- AVO: The return of the AVO Signature for the brand’s 30th Anniversary has started to reach retailers.
- Davidoff: Announced it was ending its sponsorship of the Davidoff Art Initiative
- White Hat Cigars: The company announced a price reduction on its H.R. Signature Line.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 145.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 21.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
- FDA: The ANPRM comment period for premium cigars has concluded. This past week comments were submitted jointly by the IPCPR and CRA.
- Montana: State Initiative 185, which proposes raising all tobacco taxes in the State has received enough votes to appear on a ballot this November.
Prime Time Show
For Episode 60, Max Fernandez and Terence Reilly were our special guests. Editing for this episode is still in progress.
Episode 61 (8/2/18): The “Hand Rolled” Team
Episode 62 (8/9/18): Fred Rewey, Nomad Cigar Company
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition #36 (7/31/18): IPCPR and More[/themify_box]
On this date July 28th
- July 28th, 2011: We previewed the Nestor Miranda Grand Reserve.
- July 28th 2011: We reported on a lifetime achievement award for Carlos Toraño Sr.
- July 28th 2012: We reported on Kristoff’s 2012 IPCPR Plans.
- July 28th 2012: We reported on the PDR Reserva Superior Salomon.
- July 28th 2012: We assessed the My Father Lounge Exclusive.
- July 28th 2012: We reported on the A. Flores Serie Privada.
- July 28th 2013: We reported on Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Line Extensions.
- July 28th, 2013: We reported on the Partagas Benji Menendez Master Series Robusto.
- July 28th, 2014: We did a feature story on Viaje Cigars at the 2014 IPCPR.
- July 28th, 2014: We reported on the AVO Heritage Lancero.
- July 28th, 2014: We reported on the VegaFina Sumum 2013 by Altadis USA.
- July 28th, 2014: We reported on the launch of the J. Grotto Silk Lancero Launched at the 2014 IPCPR Trade Show.
- July 28th 2014: We reported on the Guayacan Sabor de Esteli by Noel Rojas
- July 28th 2015: We reported on the Oliva Serie V Melanio Gran Reserva 2015 Humidor that was showcased at the 2015 IPCPR.
- July 28th 2015: We reported on the Margaritaville by CAO
- July 28th 2015: We reported on the L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER15
- July 28th 2015: We published our “Spotlight on AJ Fernandez Cigars at the 2015 IPCPR” feature story.
- July 28th 2016: We reported on Viva Republica Guerrilla Warfare and Advanced Warfare Lancero line extensions.
- July 28th 2016: We reported on the Room 101 Chief Cool Arrow.
- July 28th 2016: We reported on the La Flor Dominicana Andalusian Bull.
- July 28th, 2017: We published our “Spotlight on Bombay Tobak at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show” feature story.
- July 28th 2017: We reported on the launch of Asylum 13 Medulla Oblongata Launched at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show.
- July 28th 2017: We reported on Drew Estate Natural being rebranded as Larutan for U.S. Market.
- July 28th 2017: We reported on the FDA extending the Pre-Market approval date for Premium Cigars and Pipe Tobacco to August 8, 2021.
- July 28th, 2017: We published Prime Time Show Episode 15: Paul Stulac, Paul Stulac Cigars.