The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 541 (6/10/23)
Contest: Romeo y Julieta Gift Set
Through June 14, we are giving away this Romeo y Juliet gift set. As always, it’s super-easy to enter We’ve got the details here.
Mombacho/Favilli Cigars Close Operations
After 17 years Grenada Based Mombacho/Favilli Cigars is exiting the cigar business. Jared Ingrisano Michaeli, who was the former President of Favilli Cigars and had started Favilli Trading Co is moving operations into his new venture, Nica Oro. We got the details here.
- Davidoff: Announced the Davidoff Nicaragua 10th Anniversary Limited Edition
- Drew Estate: The Liga Privada H99 Papas Fritas was revealed as the fifth Freestyle Live Mystery Cigar
- Joya de Nicaragua: The Selección Antaño sampler will be coming to the U.S. Market. In addition the company will ship the Cigar News: Joya de Nicaragua Numero Uno Deluxe Humidor
- Quesada Cigars: The company will ship its Casa Magna Liga F Toro Box Pressed TAA Exclusive
- Blackbird Cigars: The company is shipping its Glitch line
- Casa Caraballo: Will launch Don Nelo at PCA 203.
- Crowned Heads: Announced Le Pâtissier No. 2 as a 2023 PCA Exclusive
- Fratello Cigars: Announced the After BurnR as a Cigar Dojo Collaboration
- La Aurora Cigars: Announced the La Aurora 120 Aniversario
- Oliva: Will launch the Oliva Serie V Melanio Figuriño at the 2023 PCA Trade Show
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announce the Cigar News: Black Label Trading Company La Madonna Negra
- Pure Aroma Cigars: Announced the Flor de D’Crossier Seleccion Escogida * LUMINA*
- Selected Tobacco: Will launch Atabey Dioses 10 Years Extra Aged at PCA 2023
- S.T. Dupont: Announced 24 Hours of Le Mans 100th Anniversary Collections
- Tabacalera SLU: Announced the VegaFina 1998 25 Aniversario Cum Laude
- Toscano Cigars: The company has added its Master Aged 4
- J.C. Newman Cigar Company: Branded its 38th Diamond Crown lounge
- Fratello Cigars: Expanded distribution into Malaysia
- Tor Inputs: Announced Ricardo Carioni is departing the company
- Tatuaje La Riqueza SE 2022
- HVC Selección No. 1 Maduro Esenciales
- Macanudo Estate Reserve Flint Knoll Churchill (2022)
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None this week
The Smoking Syndicate
- None this week
Features and Blog
- None this Week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- None this Week
Prime Time Jukebox
6/15 Prime Time Episode 272: PCA 2023 Pre-Game Series Part 2: Media Panel #15 – PCA Edition
6/20 Prime Time Special Edition 142: Rafael Nodal, Tabacalera USA
On This Date…
On this date June 10:
- Jun 10, 2011: We assessed the Diamond Crown Julius Caeser.
- Jun 10, 2013: We previewed the La Sirena Dubloon.
- Jun 10, 2013: We assessed the Zino Platinum Collector’s Edition 2013 – The Make of New York
- Jun 10, 2014: We reported on AJ Fernandez Cigars naming Robbie Streitz as National Sales Manager
- Jun 10, 2014: We did a pre-release assessment on the Recluse Amadeus.
- Jun 10, 2014: We previewed the Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale Seasoned Cigar by Ted’s Cigars (Cigar Preview)
- Jun 10, 2015: We reported on the Fratello Bianco launching to eight retailers.
- Jun 10, 2015: We reported on the Warped Corto.
- Jun 10, 2015: We did a Feature Story “Catching up with Clint Aaron of 262 Cigars at the Southern Cigar Festival“.
- Jun 10, 2015: We reported on Toxic by Legacy Brands.
- Jun 10, 2015: We reported on the La Palina Family Series Miami.
- Jun 10, 2016: We assessed the H. Upmann Ingot TheBANKER Private Holding by Altadis USA.
- Jun 10, 2017: We reported on the passing of Bob Moreno
- Jun 10, 2017: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 29 (6/10/17)
- Jun 10, 2018: We published the Feature Story, Why Cigar Reviews Are Not About the Elderberry
- Jun 10, 2019: We reported on Mombacho Cigars S.A. opening a German Warehouse
- Jun 10, 2019: We reported on Dan Carr departing ITG Brands
- Jun 10, 2019: We assessed the Indian Motorcycle Connecticut Shade Toro
- Jun 10, 2019: We reported on the Drew Estate ACID Accent Collection
- Jun 10, 2019: We reported on the Alec and Bradley Gatekeeper
- Jun 10, 2020: We reported on the Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust Sobremesa Brûlée STFU!!! Sampler
- Jun 10, 2020: We reported on the Crowned Heads Las Calaveras EL 2020
- Jun 10, 2020: We reported on the Kaizad Hansotia resigning as Chairman of Gurkha Cigars
- Jun 10, 2020: We reported on the return of Drew Estate’s Undercrown ShadyXX for 2020
- Jun 10, 2021: We reporting on the Oliva Serie V 135th Anniversary Edición Limitada
- Jun 10, 2021: We reported on the Cigar News: Illusione ~cg:4~ Candela PCA Trade Show Exclusive
- Jun 10, 2021: We reported on the Fratello Camo Series moving to 25-Count Bundles
- Jun 10, 2022: We reported on the Montecristo 1935 Anniversary Nicaragua Exclusivo size for Casa de Montecristo
- Jun 10, 2022: We assessed the Las 6 Provincias LV by Espinosa Cigars
- Jun 10, 2022: We reported on the Viaje Birthday Blend returning for 2022