The Cigar Industry Report is a one stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop and Stogie Geeks. It is a combination of our news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. We will also recap what happened on our Stogie Geeks show. Finally, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern time.
Our 2014 IPCPR Digest is live. Follow this to keep track of all products and news related to this year’s trade show in July.
We have completed 6 installments of our 2014 IPCPR Preview Series. Part 7 will be this Sunday.
Part 1: “The Five Boutiques to Watch.”
Part 2: The Potential Cigar Trends
Part 3: Manufacturer Spotlight
Part 4: Around the Show Floor (First Pass)
Part 5: Around the Show Floor (Second Pass)
Part 6: Predictions for the Five Hottest Cigars
Feature of the Week: IPCPR Trade Show Prepares to Open Sunday
The 82nd Annual Trade Show and Convention opens this Sunday in Las Vegas. Stay tuned to Cigar Coop for continuing coverage.
IPCPR News and Previews.
This week the busy news leading up to the IPCPR 2014 Trade Show continued. All of these cigars will be launched at the 2014 IPCPR Trade Show.
- 1502 Cigars: The 1502 Nicaragua will officially launch at the trade show.
- Altadis USA: The company has informed retailers a new brick and mortar 1875 Romeo y Julieta will be launched at the 2014 IPCPR Trade Show.
- B.G. Meyer Co: We previewed second release of screenwriter Rob Weiss’ brand under Camacho – the B.G. Meyer Slackers.
- Boutique Blends: We previewed the Aging Room M20 fortissimo.
- Chinnock Cellars: The company is announced plans for its fourth line Chinnock Cellars Cremoir
- D’Crossier Cigars: The company is launching its new D’Crossier L’Forte limited production line.
- Drew Estate: This week the company announced all of its IPCPR Trade Show plans. Included on the docket is long awaited Herrera Esteli Norteno. The company also announced a repackaging of its core MUWAT line as well as a line extension called Night Crawler. Meanwhile the MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured line is getting three new regular production vitolas. The Acid line will be releasing the Acid Blondie Maduro that features a San Andres wrapper. On the pipes end, the company announced its Tsuge-branded pipe tobacco as well as a line of custom Tsuge Pipes for Drew Estate.
- Ditka: Mike Ditka’s brand under Camacho will launch the Ditka Signature.
- G.R. Tabacaleras Co: Details on the newGeorge Rico S.T.K. Mas Paz Edition have surfaced.
- L’Atelier Imports: We previewed line Extensions for L’Atelier Selection Speciale (38 Special and Torpedo Selection Special. We also previewed the Surrogates Satin Glove.
- La Flor Dominicana: The company made its announcements for the trade show. This includes the new La Flor Dominicana 1994 and the La Flor Dominicana Capitulo II. Returning for a limited production are the La Flor Dominicana Salomones and annual La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro. The company is also planning on launching some Digger size ashtrays.
- Lou Rodriguez Cigars: The company made several announcements around new launches for the trade show. The new Double Nickel and Lou Rod Jawbreaker will be unveiled. The Lou Rod Snub Nose will officially be launched. The company also said La Mano Negra is returning as a regular release.
- Nomad Cigar Company: Details around the C-276 were officially made available
- Roberto P. Duran Cigars: Details around the Neya and Baracoa releases were announced.
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: We previewed the Decade Cameroon which will be launched at the trade sow.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: We previewed the Austin based company’s new line – Neanderthal.
- Sotolongo Cigars: Grace Sotlongo’s brand under the CLE Cigar Company umbrella has announced its new Hechicera Maduro.
- Tatuaje Cigars: Pete Johnson has publicly announced the Tatuaje Jekyll and Hyde – the planned 2014 and 2015 Monster Series releases. We also previewed the line extensions planned for Tatuaje Tattoo.
- Viaje Cigars: Three releases are planned for the trade show: Viaje Cache, Viaje Collaboration 2014, and the Viaje Satori 2014 (the latter will feature a new line extension)
- Warped Cigars: The company has added its Gondola Ashtray to its list of IPCPR releases.
- RoMa Craft Tobac: It was announced that the El Catador de Las Panetelas sampler will be heading to “Just For Him” in Springfield, Missouri.
- FDA: Two new co-sponsors, Dutch Ruppersberger [D-MD] and David Schweiker [R-AZ] have signed on to HR792. The total now is at 159 co-sponsors (160 total sponsors)
- The period for Public Comment to the FDA’s Deeming Document has been extended 30 days until August 8th. If you are looking for guidance on how to comment, follow the links below:
We have a digest below of our links and other useful links when making your response:
- White House Issues Response and Rejects Petition to Not Allow The FDA To Regulate Premium Cigars
- CRA Issues Guidance for Public Comment to Proposed FDA Regulations
- FDA To Ask for Public Comment on Premium Cigar Exemption from Regulation
- How Will a Premium Cigar Be Defined in the Eyes of the FDA?
- Cigar Association of America to Continue to Work Closely with FDA in Light of Pending Regulations
- IPCPR Responds to FDA Deeming Document
- Cigar Rights of America Issues Statement on FDA’s Deeming Document on Regulation of Premium Cigars
- IPCPR Issues Guidance to Retailers on Public Comment to FDA’s Proposed Regulations
- FDA Extends Public Comment Period 30 Days
- Small Business Administration Says Economic Impact to Proposed FDA Regulations Underestimated
- OMB Strikes Language From FDA’s Proposed Regulations for Premium Cigars
- July 19th 2012: We assessed the Liga Privada Unico Serie Ratzilla by Drew Estate.
- July 19th 2013: We previewed the Rocky Patel HR500 (Gary Sheffield 500 Homerun Club Cigar) 2013 Edition
- July 19th 2013: We previewed the Rocky Patel Platinum.
- July 19th 2013: We previewed the Kristoff Galerones Sentido.
- July 19th 2013: We previewed the La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli.
- July 19th 2013: We previewed the Raices Cubanas 1941 by Alec Bradley,
- July 18th 2013: We previewed the Juan Lopez by Altadis USA
- July 12th 2013: We previewed the Brick House Robusto Maduro by J.C. Newman.