The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 40 Edition 293 (9/1/18)
Feature of the Week: Bill Williams Passes Away
This week we remember Bill Williams, a passionate cigar enthusiast based in Las Vegas who passed away on August 22nd at the age of 65.
We are in the final stages of our 2018 IPCPR coverage. This week we filed the following installments of our IPCPR Spotlight Series:
- Spotlight on Altadis U.S.A. at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Caldwell Cigar Company at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Davidoff of Geneva USA at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Foundation Cigar Company at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Jeremy Jack Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Karl Malone’s Cigar Venture at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on La Barba Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR Trade Show
- Spotlight on La Flor Dominicana at the 2018 IPCPR Trade Show
- Spotlight on My Father Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on PDR Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Tatuaje Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The Liga Privada line extensions announced earlier this summer are heading to retailers.
- Villiger: The Villiger La Flor de Ynclan Lancero Especial and Villiger La Vencadora Gordo are heading to retailers.
- Alec Bradley: The Alec & Bradley Blind Faith is heading to retailers.
- Camacho: The Camacho Diploma Special Selection 11/18 is set to hit stores.
- Cigar Rights of America; The organization is celebrating its 10th anniversary with new memberships or renewals for one year at just ten dollars.
- Plasencia Cigars: Announced that STG Canada will handle its Canadian distribution.
- Viaje: The company has released the Viaje Releases WLP Lemons to Lemonade
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 145.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
- Canada: We reported on the Better Cigar Plan Movement launched in Canada to challenge Plain Packaging
- Missouri: St. Louis County voters will decide on the November 6 ballot on a comprehensive indoor smoking ban that would include casinos.
Agile Cigar Review
Prime Time Show
No show was broadcast on 8/31
Prime Time Special Edition
On Special Edition #38. we welcomed Scott Pearce, Executive Director for IPCPR as our special guest.
Episode 66 (9/6/18): Hand-Rolled
Episode 67 (9/13/18) Terence Reilly, Aganorsa Leaf
Episode 68 (9/20/18): To Be Announced – Guest Confirmed
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 39 (9/11/18): Dr. Gaby Kafie, Kafie 1901 Cigars
Special Edition TBD (10/1/18): The MLB Post Season Show
On this date September 1st
- September 1 2010: We published an installment of “Tales from the IPCPR: A Visit to the Miami Cigars Lounge“
- September 1 2011: We published a Month in Review for August 2011
- September 1 2012: We published a familiar Editor’s Corner – “Worth it for an Iced Coffee?“
- September 1 2013: We reported on Viaje releasing the 2013 Batch of 50/50 Red and 50/50 Black
- September 1 2013: We published an Editor’s Corner entitled “Are You Ready for the Next Generation?“
- September 1 2014: We assessed the Ditka Signature by Camacho Cigars
- September 1 2014: We published the Editor’s Corner “Lack of Coverage?“
- September 1 2015: We assessed the Imperio Cubano Miami Natural by Antillian Cigar Corporation
- September 1, 2015: We published the Editor’s Corner “Economics of a Cigar Media Brand“
- September 1, 2016: We reported on plans for Maya Selva Cigars to showcase Flor de Selva Colección Aniversario Nº20 at Inter-Tabac 2016
- September 1, 2016: We reported on the Macanudo Mao being introduced at 2016 IPCPR Trade Show
- September 1, 2016: We on the launch of PDR Cigars introducing Flores y Rodriguez Connecticut Valley Reserve jars
- September 1, 2016: We published the Editor’s Corner “In Regards to Stealth Products….“
- September 1 2017: We reported on Quesada Cigars and The Cigar Shop teaming up for Quesada Oktoberfest Bayern
- September 1 2017: We published the Editor’s Corner “EIt Continues with a Coffee…“