The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 396 (8/29/20)
TPE 21 Rescheduled for May 2021
Tobacco Media Group (TMG) who runs the TPE Trade Show has confirmed that TPE21 is now scheduled for May 12th to May 14th, 2021. The previous dates had been January 29-31, 2021. TMG has said the change was made due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve got the details here.
Cigar Coop Battle of the Bands Sampler Pack
We are participating in a competition sponsored by Smoke Inn with other media brands to see who can build the best sampler pack. You can find out the details here and how to get the samplers.
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the products many cigar companies plan to release this summer.
Summer of ’20 Spotlights
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Aganorsa Leaf
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: HVC Cigars
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Padilla Cigar Company
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Powstanie Cigars
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Stallone Cigars
This Week’s Coverage
- Drew Estate: Announced the ACID 20 Bronxilla
- El Artista: Announced the Cimarron Soft Box-Pressed as Dominican Republic Exclusive
- My Father Cigars: Details on the Fonseca by My Father Cigars have been announced
- United Cigars: Announced the Byron 20th Century Londinenses Dark Wrapper as Single Store Exclusive
- Micallef Cigars: Announced the company is withdrawing and not attending the 2020 Texas Cigar & Spirits Tasting
- RoMa Craft Tobac: Sales Leader Danny Vazquez is leaving the company.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Camacho Liberty 2005 Throwback (Camacho Liberty 2018 Release)
- Mombacho Cosecha 2014
- Tatuaje Anarchy Kaos Pale Horse
Agile Cigar Review
Features and Blog
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
8/31: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 17: The Little Richard Tribute Show with Bear Duplisea
9/3: Prime Episode 154: Media Panel #10
9/8: Prime Time Special Edition 83: Nick Perdomo, Perdomo Cigars
On This Date…
On this date Aug 22nd.
- Aug 29, 2010: We assessed Old School Cigar Originals – “The Duke”
- Aug 29, 2010: We did an IPCPR 2010 article called Dining with Cigar Rock Stars or a Burger on Bourbon Street?
- Aug 29, 2012: We assessed the CLE Corojo.
- Aug 29, 2013: We previewed the Hechicera by Sotolongo Cigars.
- Aug 29, 2013: We assessed a pre-release of the E-Stunner by E.P. Carrillo
- Aug 29, 2013: We reported on Jose Blanco’s departure from Joya de Nicaragua.
- Aug 29, 2014: We reported on Antillian Cigar Corp distributing Arandoza Cigars, The Cigar Cork, Dona Nieves, and Headlines Cigar Brands
- Aug 29, 2014: We reported on the Ezra Zion Cigar Company SP3 – a Shop Exclusive at Lone Star State Cigar Company.
- Aug 29, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Camacho Blackout Limited Edition 2013.
- Aug 29, 2015: We published the Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 40 (8/29/15)
- Aug 29, 2016: We reported on the E.P. Carrillo La Alianza
- Aug 29, 2016: We reported on the Guardian of the Farm collaboration with Casa Fernandez and Warped Cigars
- Aug 29, 2016: We reported on the Esteban Carreras Chupacabra Hell Cat
- Aug 29, 2016: We published a review of the Screwpop Ashtray
- Aug 29, 2016: We reported on the soft launch of the Drew Estate Liga Privada No. 9 Pork Beli
- Aug 29, 2017: We published the feature story “Spotlight on Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show“
- Aug 29, 2018: We published the feature story “Feature Story: Spotlight on La Flor Dominicana at the 2018 IPCPR Trade Show“
- Aug 29, 2018: We reported on STG Canada plans to distribute Plasencia Cigars in Canada
- Aug 29, 2018: We reported on the Camacho Diploma Special Selection 11/18
- Aug 29, 2018: We published the Agile Cigar Review on the Viaje Summerfest 2018
- Aug 29, 2018: We published Prime Time Special Edition #38: Scott Pearce, IPCPR
- Aug 29, 2019: We published the Agile Cigar Review on the Fuente Fuente OpusX ForbiddenX 13 God’s Whisper 1924 (TAA Exclusive)
- Aug 29, 2019: We reported on the Cavalier Genève LE19 heading to Retailers
- Aug 29, 2019: We published the feature story “IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Cigar Marketplace“