The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 434 (5/22/21)
Tobacco Plus Expo (TPE) 2021
We recapped TPE 2021 from the sidelines in this feature story
- Alec Bradley: Announced the Alec Bradley Magic Toast Box Pressed Gran Toro as a 2021 PCA Show Exclusive
- Davidoff: The Davidoff JR50th was announced as a part of JR Cigars’ 50th anniversary series.
- Drew Estate: The Pope of Greenwich Village is returning as a SmokeInn MicroBlend release.
- ACE Prime: Luciano The Dreamer is now going regular production.
- Mombacho Cigars: Jessi Flores has departed the company.
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announced the release of the Bishops Blend 2021 Edition. The Bishops Blend 2021 and two other cigars will be headed for distribution in Luxembourg and Belgium.
- Plasencia: Announced plans to implement smart chip technology in cigar bands
- Viaje: Announced the release of the Honey and Hand Grenades Maduro
- Perdomo Cigars: Announced it will be attending the 2021 PCA Trade Show.
- CST Consulting LLC: Claudio Sgroi announced the release of his new consulting company.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
Features and Blog
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
5/24: Prime Time Episode 189: Jeff Borysiewicz
6/1: Prime Time Special Edition 101: Glynn Loope and Joshua Harbursky
TBD: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 38: TBA
On This Date…
On this date May 22nd..
- May 22, 2011: We assessed the Zino Platinum Z-Class Series by Davidoff
- May 22, 2013: We assessed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Dandy McCoy “Empire State”
- May 22, 2013: We previewed the Duck Commander by Ted’s Cigars
- May 22, 2014: We reported on the Smoke Inn MicroBlend 601 La Bomba Bunker Buster
- May 22, 2014: We assessed the Jaxx LT by La Sirena
- May 22, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Viaje Holiday Blend 2014
- May 22, 2015: We reported on Espinosa Cigar relaunching the Murcielago
- May 22, 2015: We published the feature story Romeo by Romeo y Julieta Aging Room Launched in Charlotte, North Carolina
- May 22, 2015: We reported on Tatuaje “The Rumbo”
- May 22, 2015: We reported on Tony Bellatto launching Siempre Tamboril
- May 22, 2015: We reported on the Lost & Found Fresh Roasted
- May 22, 2015: We reported on the My Father Lounge Exclusive Box-Pressed 7 x 56 for Cutters Cigar Emporium
- May 22, 2016: We did an Agile Cigr Review on the RoMa Craft Tobac Neanderthal HoxD
- May 22, 2016: We reported on a second E-Liquid Company filing a lawsuit against the FDA
- May 22, 2017: We assessed the MBombay Corojo Oscuro Gordo
- May 22, 2017: We recapped Rafael Nodal and Hank Bischoff discussing the Strategic Partnership with Altadis USA on the Smooth Draws Radio Show
- May 22, 2018: We reported on Altria announcing organizational structure changes for Nat Sherman
- May 22, 2018: We assessed the Epic Habano Robusto
- May 22, 2018: We published Prime Time Special Edition 31: One Year Anniversary with Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr.
- May 22, 2019: We reported on IPCPR making a date change for the 2020 Convention & Trade Show
- May 22, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Diesel Whiskey Row Churchill
- May 22, 2020: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Camacho Ecuador BXP Gordo
- May 22, 2020: We reported on the release of Viaje Farmhand Andre