The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 520 (1/14/23)
2022 Cigar of the Year Countdown
- #3: Tatuaje T110 Reserva
- #2: Sin Compromiso Paladin de Saka by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- #1: Alec Bradley Fine & Rare BC-(13)4EV
We also announced our Best Cigar Value for 2022, the Tatuaje T110 Reserva
2022 Year in Review
We published the following articles this week:
- 2022 Year in Review: Performance Rankings for Sponsored Cigars & Samples
- 2022 Year in Review: 2022 Cigar of the Year Countdown Post Game Report
- 2022 Year in Review: Company Performance by Audience Readership
- 2022 Year in Review: Country of Origin Performance Rankings
- Cavalier Genève: Announced Tres Delincuentes will debut at TPE 2023
- Davidoff: Announced the Davidoff Signature No. 1 Limited Edition Collection
- Drew Estate: Announced the Liga Privada Unico Serie Year of the Rabbit
- J.C. Newman Cigar Company: Announced the José Gaspar 2023 Edition
- Tatuaje Cigars: The company is releasing its 2022 PCA and TAA Exclusives
- Forged Cigar Company: Announced the La Gloria Cubana Serie R Maduro No. 8
- Plasencia Cigars: Announced details around the Plasencia Year of the Rabbit
- Warped Cigars: Announced the Venture 1492 Gran Corona and The Devil’s Hands
- Drew Estate: The company announced price increases for 2023
- United Cigars: Named Dan Davison as Director of Marketing
- Don Doroteo Cigars: Named Garret Robinson as Vice President of Sales
- Espinosa Cigars: The company announced price increases for 2023
- J.C. Newman Cigar Company: Named Kara Guagliardo as Executive Director of Hospitality of Community Engagement
- TAA: Announced it has opened a submission oeriod for 2023 Exclusive Series Candidates
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this Week
- None this Week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
- None this week
Prime Time Special Edition
- None this week
Prime Time Jukebox
1/17 Prime Time Special Edition 134: Aging Experiment #5 Part One – Padrón Family Reserve No. 46 Maduro
1/19 Prime Time Episode 254: Juan Lopez, Gurkha Cigars
On This Date…
On this date January 14th
- Jan 14, 2011: We paid tribute to New York City Cigar Retailer Larry Amoruso.
- Jan 14, 2012: We assessed the 262 Paradigm Lancero.
- Jan 14, 2013: We did an Assessment Update on the Alec Bradley Black Market.
- Jan 14, 2014: We reported on the Torano Vault Gold VLE100, a limited edition event only cigar.
- Jan 14, 2014: We assessed the Ditka 89 by Camacho Cigars.
- Jan 14, 2015: We reported on the return of the RoMa Craft Tobac CroMagnon Fomorian for 2015
- Jan 14, 2015: We reported on IPCPR relocating its headquarters to Washington DC
- Jan 14, 2015: We assessed the Illusione Pactum.
- Jan 14, 2015: We reported on the Romeo Anejo by Romeo y Julieta.
- Jan 14, 2015: We reported on Hamlet Espinal succeeding Henke Kelner As General Manager of Tabadom Holdings under Davidoff
- Jan 14, 2015: We unveiled our Brand Performance Ratings for 2014
- Jan 14, 2016: We reported on Ricky Somoza being named U.S. Director of Operations at A.J. Fernandez Cigars.
- Jan 14, 2016: We assessed the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Personal Reserve Robusto.
- Jan 14, 2016: We reported on Davidoff acquiring majority interest in Bluebell Cigars and establishing Davidoff of Geneva Asia.
- Jan 14, 2017: We reported on the bill H.R. 564 introduced for 115th Congress to exempt premium cigars from FDA Regulation
- Jan 14, 2017: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 8 (1/14/17)
- Jan 14, 2018: We assessed the Pier 28 Habano Corona Gorda
- Jan 14, 2018: We unveiled our #6 Cigar of the Year for 2017, the Todos Las Dias Double Wide Belicoso by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- Jan 14, 2019: We reported on Smooth Draws Radio co-Founder Alan Friedman passing away
- Jan 14, 2019: We reported on the return of the Nestor Miranda Special Selection
- Jan 14, 2019: We named our Prime Time Awards 2018: Large Factory of the Year – Fábrica de Tabacos Joya de Nicaragua, S.A.
- Jan 14, 2020: We reported on Gurkha Cigars decision to attend the 2020 PCA Trade Show
- Jan 14, 2020: We reported on Oveja Negra Brands’ decision to attend the 2020 PCA Trade Show
- Jan 14, 2020: We published our Cigar of the Decade list
- Jan 14, 2021: We published our Live from the Library: The 2020 CA Top 25 Reveal – Day Four (1/14/21)
- Jan 14, 2021: We named our Prime Time Awards 2020: Small/Medium Company of the Year – Oveja Negra Brands
- Jan 14, 2022: We reported on Raumzeit by German Engineered Cigars
- Jan 14, 2022: We published our Country of Origin Performance Rankings
- Jan 14, 2022: We published Live from the Library: The 2021 CA Top 25 Reveal – Day Four (1/13/21)