The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 37 Edition 290 (8/11/18)
We continued our IPCPR Spotlight Series:
- Spotlight on American Caribbean Cigars, Vintage Rock-a-Feller Cigar Group, and The Traveler at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust at 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Illusione Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Kristoff Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on La Galera Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Oscar Valladares Tobacco & Co at 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on RoMa Craft Tobac at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on SeiBel Distribution (MLB Cigar Ventures and Matilde Cigars)
- Spotlight on Southern Draw Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
We also filed the following reports. We will be filing more reports over the next several weeks.
- JRE Tobacco Company: The company officially launched the JRE Aladino Maduro.
- Altadis U.S.A: The company launched new packaging for the Onyx Reserva.
- CLE Cigar Company: The company launched samplers for Three Brands
- Estebam Carreras: The brand launched the Mr Brownstone Natural.
- HVC Cigars: The company launched the HVC First Selection Limited Edition Broadleaf
- La Palina Cigars: The company launched the La Palina Goldie Cañonazo and the La Palina Bronze Label Bullet
- Macanudo: The brand unveiled tubo offerings for Macanudo Inspired White and Black.
- My Father Cigars: The company launched the My Father La Gran Oferta
- PDR Cigars: The company launched its new flavored Cigar News: PDR 1878 Roast Cafe line.
- Pier 28 Premium Cigars: The company launched the Pier 28 Oscuro
- Tatuaje: The company unveiled the El Triunfador Original Robusto, Surrogates Eight Baller and the Surrogates Satin Glove 654 line extension
- La Aurora: A new value priced line called Cazadores is coming out of the company’s factory and will be distributed in the U.S. by Miami Cigar & Company.
- Nat Sherman: We recapped the controversy around parent company Altria’s comments on the recent ANPRM.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 145.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
Prime Time Show
For Episode 62, Fred Rewey of Nomad Cigar Company returned to Prime Time. In our Debonaire Ideal segment, we covered Old vs. New. Finally our Deliberation Segment, we debated designated and non-designated no smoking areas.
Episode 63 (8/16/18): TBD
Episode 65 (8/23/18): Justo Eiroa, JRE Tobacco Co.
Episode 66 (8/30/18): TBD
Episode 67 (9/6/18): Hand-Rolled
Episode 68 (9/13/18) TBD
Episode 69 (9/20/18): To Be Announced – Guest Confirmed
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 36 (7/31/18), The IPCPR Special Edition Post Game
Special Edition 37 (8/21/18), Quest for the Championship with Jason Lois
Special Edition 38 (8/28/18), Scott Pearce, IPCPR
Special Edition 39 (9/11/18): Dr. Gaby Kafie, Kafie 1901 Cigars
On this date August 11th
- August 11th, 2011: We assessed the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Limited Edition 2011
- August 11th 2012: We assessed the Tatuaje Frank Jr. (Part of the Little Monsters Series)
- August 11th 2012: We previewed the Carmelo Primeros by Honduras Caribbean
- August 11th 2012: We posted a Cigar Conversation with J. Glynn Loope, Executive Director of the CRA
- August 11th 2013: We posted a feature story on Señor Solomon Cigars
- August 11th 2013: We reported on line extensions to Debonaire.
- August 11th 2014: We reported on Justin Andrews leaving Lou Rodriguez Cigars
- August 11th 2014: We assessed the Tatuaje Chuck (Part of the Pudgy Monsters Series)
- August 11th, 2014: We reported on Foundry adding Cobalt, Dubnium, and Lithium to Compounds, Elements, and Musings
- August 11th, 2014: We reported on the JFR XT by Casa Fernandez
- August 11th, 2015: We reported on the Kuuts Launches Miró Capa Negra
- August 11th, 2015: We assessed the A.J. Fernandez Enclave Robusto
- August 11th, 2015: We reported on the launch of Patoro Gran Añejo Reserva and Patoro Brasil at the 2015 IPCPR
- August 11th 2015: We reported on E.P. Carrillo New Wave Reserva line extensions launched at 2015 IPCPR
- August 11th 2016: We reported on the FDA Import Process going into effect for premium cigars
- August 11th 2016: We reported on the launch of Toraño Exodus at the 2016 IPCPR Trade Show
- August 11th 2016: We assessed the launch of Tatuaje Skinny Monsters Cazadores and Lancero Editions at the 2016 IPCPR
- August 11th 2016: We reported on the launch of Cohiba Macassar at the 2016 IPCPR
- August 11th 2017: We reported on launch of L’Atelier Extension de la Racine ER17
- August 11th 2017: We published the feature story “Spotlight on Boutique Blends at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show“
- August 11th 2017: We assessed the Montecristo Crafted by AJ Fernandez Toro