The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Volume 7, Number 41 Edition 294 (9/8/18)
Feature of the Week: Davidoff Chefs Edition 2018 Announced
There is an all new Davidoff Chefs Edition for 2018 that was announced. We’ve got the details here.
While we may have one or two reports still coming, this pretty much wrapped up our IPCPR coverage for 2018:
- Spotlight on Daniel Marshall at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Drew Estate at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Gurkha Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on S.T. Dupont at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on Ventura Cigar Company at the 2018 IPCPR
- Spotlight on XIKAR at the 2018 IPCPR
News and Previews
- Drew Estate: The remaining Cigar Safari weeks for 2018, and next spring have been postponed.
- Villiger: The company announced JMG International Inc. would handle its West Coast distribution.
- Blanco Cigar Company: David Blanco has taken over as President and CEO.
- Fratello Cigars: The company announced distribution into Norway.
- Hans Kristian Hoejsgaard: The former Davidoff CEO is the new Interim CEO of MCH Group AG
- JSK Cigars: The company also announced distribution into Norway.
- Marrero Cigar Company: Announced it is partnering in a new Dominican factory an will be introducing the Artistico Salomon line.
- House of Representatives: H.R. 564 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 145.
- U.S. Senate: S.294 is the Senate companion bill to H.R. 564. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 22.
- House Bill 1136: H.R. 1136 is the legislation to change the Grandfather Date for Deeming Tobacco products subject to FDA Regulation from February 15, 2017, to 21 days after enactment of the regulations. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 94.
- Camacho Liberty 2017
- Four Kicks Mule Kick LE 2018 by Crowned Heads
- Ramon Allones by AJ Fernandez Toro
Agile Cigar Review
- Villiger La Flor de Ynclan Lancero Especial
- Plasencia Cosecha 146 La Vega
- Protocol Probable Cause Corona Gorda by Cubariqueño Cigar Company
This month’s editorial is entitled “Now Shipping“.
Prime Time Show
For Episode 65, we welcomed Steve Gherbean and Jesse Mariut, Directors for the Motion Picture Hand Rolled: A Film About Cigars. For our Debonaire Ideal segment we talked NFL Over/Unders and in our Deliberation Segment we talked about the Robb Report’s Article “The 20 Best Cigars that Smoke Like Cubans”. We broke down the article and discussed the controversy behind it.
Prime Time Special Edition
No Show This Week
Episode 67 (9/13/18) Terence Reilly, Aganorsa Leaf
Episode 68 (9/20/18): To Be Announced – Guest Confirmed
Episode 69 (9/27/18): To Be Announced
Episode 70 (10/4/18): The Camacho Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition 39 (9/11/18): Dr. Gaby Kafie, Kafie 1901 Cigars
Special Edition TBD (10/1/18): The MLB Post Season Show
On this date September 8th
- September 8, 2011: We assessed the Tatuaje 7th Capa Especial
- September 8, 2012: We assessed the Viaje Honey and Hand Grenades (Viaje HHG)
- September 8, 2013: We did a pre-release assessment of the King of Kings by Kings Cigars
- September 8, 2013: We reported on Viaje releasing the Viaje Oro Reserva VOR No. 5 2013 edition.
- September 8, 2014: We reported on the Alec Bradley Nica Puro Diamond Rough-Cut.
- September 8, 2014: We reported on the Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Maduro Délire.
- September 8, 2014: We assessed the Tatuaje Wolf (Part of the Pudgy Monsters Series)
- September 8, 2015: We assessed the Viva Republica Advanced Warfare Petit
- September 8, 2015: We published the Editor’s Corner “Economics of a Cigar Media Brand“
- September 8, 2016: We reported on the Nomad GB-19 going national
- September 8, 2016: We assessed the Serino Royale Maduro XX Sublime
- September 8, 2016: We reported on the Falto El Prócer Historias being showcased at the 2016 IPCPR
- September 8, 2016: We published the Feature Story “Spotlight on Recluse Cigars at 2016 IPCPR Trade Show“
- September 8, 2017: We published the Feature Story “Spotlight on Rocky Patel Premium Cigars at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show“
- September 8, 2017: We reported on the release of the GTO Anesthésia.
- September 8, 2017: We published Prime Time Show Episode 20: Tom Lazuka, Asylum Cigars