The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 336 (7/6/19)
Feature of the Week: 87th IPCPR 2019 Trade Show and Convention Held in Las Vegas
The International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers (IPCPR) Association held its annual Trade Show and Convention this week. The stories of this trade show were the rebranding of the organization to Premium Cigar Association (PCA), the pending CigarCon consumer event, and declining attendance. We filed the following reports covering the trade show:
- IPCPR 2019 Post Game Report: Pre-Show and Day One
- IPCPR 2019 Post Game Report: Day Two
- IPCPR 2019 Post Game Report: Day Three
- IPCPR 2019 Post Game Report: Day Four
- IPCPR Officially Announces Name Change to PCA and Consumer CigarCon Event
2019 IPCPR Product Reports:
- Room101 The Big Payback Maduro Launched at 2019 IPCPR
- Full Sized Tatuaje Chuck and Tiff Unveiled at 2019 IPCPR
- Viaje Satori Arya Returns for 2019
- Viaje Ten Plus Two and Half Anniversary Makes Debut at 2019 IPCPR
2019 IPCPR Spotlight
- Tales from a Decade of IPCPR – 2010
- Tales from a Decade of IPCPR – 2011
- Tales from a Decade of IPCPR – 2012
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 13.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 70.
- FDA: The three trade associations filed a motion to keep the substantial equivalence date of August 2021. Back in May, a judge threw out the date after a group of public health organizations petitioned the court to force the FDA to accelerate the implementation of substantial equivalence.
Prime Time Show
No show was held this week
Prime Time Special Edition
No show was held this week
Prime Time IPCPR Specials
While we didn’t broadcast shows from IPCPR, we did a couple of interviews.
- Prime Time from the IPCPR 2019 with Boris Wintermans, CEO of Royal Agio Cigars
- Prime Time from the IPCPR 2019 with Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr. of E.P. Carrillo
Episode 101 (7/11/19): Cigar Hustler Mike
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition #56: TBD
Special Edition #57 (7/23/19): Desert Rose Show w/ Robert Holt
On this date July 6th…
- July 6, 2011: We assessed the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Torpedo.
- July 6, 2011: We posted a press release on the launch of Temptation Cigars.
- July 6, 2011: We covered the defeat of California SB 575. This was one of the most restrictive smoking bans ever proposed.
- July 6, 2012: We posted the original feature story, Jonathan Drew Explains Achieving Consistency in the Cigar Production Process.
- July 6, 2012: We posted a press release on the 262 Revere. This is a cigar that would become our #14 Cigar for 2012.
- July 6, 2013: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2, Number 25 (7/6/13)
- July 6, 2014: We published “2014 IPCPR Trade Show Preview Part 4: Around the Show Floor (First Pass)“
- July 6, 2014: We reported the Florida Governor’s Office calling for an exemption for Premium Cigar Industry against Potential FDA Regulations.
- July 6, 2015: We reported on the launch of Acme Cigar Company.
- July 6, 2015: We reported on the launch of the Crux Guild.
- July 6, 2015: We did a pre-release assessment of the Casa Fernandez Aniversario 2015 Voleur.
- July 6, 2016: We reported on Club Macanudo partnering with the Knickerbocker Hotel Cigar Lounge.
- July 6, 2016: We assessed the Recluse Amadeus Habano Reserva Lancero.
- July 6, 2016: We reported on Jason Lois departing Crossfire Cigars.
- July 6, 2016: We reported on Baracoa Cigar Company launching “The Voyage”.
- July 6, 2016: We reported on the MoyaRuiz La Jugada Claro.
- July 6, 2017: We reported on the La Flor Dominicana Factory Press returning for 2017
- July 6, 2017: We reported on the MoyaRuiz Il Ridotto having a full launch at the 2017 IPCPR
- July 6, 2017: We reported on Matt Booth returning to the cigar industry and teaming with Robert Caldwell
- July 6, 2017: We reported on the Rocky Patel Fifty Toro returning for a limited run.
- July 6, 2017: We assessed the MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured Swamp Rat by Drew Estate.
- July 6, 2017: We reported on the Colibri Explorer Travel Case.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on the Rocky Patel ALR.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on the Foundation Cigar Company Tabernacle Havana Seed CT No. 142.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on Villiger Cigars North America promoting Hector Pires to National Sales Manager.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on IPCPR moving Pre-Show Events Out of Westgate Hotel.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on the Joya de Nicaragua Cinco Décadas.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on Gurkha re-launching three flavored cigar lines.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on the Crowned Heads Court Reserve XVIII.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on Cigar Rights of America issuing a statement on FDA Warning Label Injunction.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on the Fratello Navetta Inverso
- July 6, 2018: We reported on the Joya Silver.
- July 6, 2018: We reported on Southern Draw 300 Hands launching at the 2018 IPCPR.