The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 409 (11/28/20)
Miami Cigar & Company Announces Major Business Restructuring
Miami Cigar & Company has announced it will undergo a major restructuring in its business model effective January 1st, 2021. The changes will involve a major reduction in the company’s field sales staff. We’ve got the details here.
J.C. Newman Ultimate Giveaway Contest
J.C. Newman has recently made available some J.C. Newman Brick House Culebra Muestra sets to Cigar Coop to use as a contest. Instead of just giving them away individually, we have once again assembled an Ultimate Giveaway! This includes some more fun items from the Cigar Coop Battle of the Bands. This prize pack is worth $150.00. You can see the details here.
- Alec Bradley: The company is shipping the Alec Bradley Project 40 Maduro
- Drew Estate: The company is shipping the Undercrown Dojo Dogma Maduro and Undercrown ShadyXX to Drew Diplomat Retailers
- JC Newman Cigar Company: The company is revamping its Perla Del Mar line and adding a Corojo blend
- Fratello Cigars: The company announced a Limited Edition Humidor Set
- Joya de Nicaragua: The Joya Ninjaragua will be the latest Cigar Dojo collaboration
- My Father Cigars: The company announced the Humidor Deluxe Edition
- Room101: The company is bringing back The Big Payback Connecticut and announced details around the Room101 11th Anniversary
- VegaFina: Tabacalera SLU is releasing the VegaFina Year of the Ox
- Casa Cuevas Cigars: The company announced distribution into the UK.
- JRE Tobacco Company: The company suffered a major burglary at its warehouse in Miami.
- Epic Cigars/Nat Cicco: Announced a partnership with the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation
- Habanos SA: The 2021 Festival Del Habano has been cancelled.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Culture Blend No. 3 by The Cigar Culture
- Diplomático by Mombacho Robusto
- Viaje Farmhand Andre (2019)
- Viaje Zombie Farmhand Andre (2020)
Features and Blog
- The Blog: How To Not Get Sick While Smoking Cigars by Nick Perdomo
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 399 – Omar Fernandez, AJ Fernandez Cigars
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on Fuente & Meerapfel Present Meet the Professor
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
11/30 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 24: Prime Time Jukebox One Year Anniversary
12/3 Prime Time Episode 166: Michael Herklots
12/7 Prime Time Jukebox Episode 25: The Christmas Music 2020 Episode
12/8: Prime Time Special Edition 89: The Unauthorized CA Top 25 Show
On This Date…
On this date November 28…
- Nov 28, 2012: We previewed the Viaje WLP Stuffed Turkey 2012 “White Meat” and “Dark Meat” editions.
- Nov 28, 2012: We assessed the Alec Bradley American Sun Grown
- Nov 28, 2012: We previewed Camacho’s Ditka Series.
- Nov 28, 2013: We highlighted some growth moves by 7-20-4 Cigars.
- Nov 28, 2013: We previewed the Casa Cuba by Arturo Fuente.
- Nov 28, 2013: We previewed the JM Dominican Classic Connecticut.
- Nov 28, 2013: We took a look at Gurkha Cigar Group’s Pedro Martin Line and previewed Pedro Martin Limited Edition.
- Nov 28, 2013: We reported on Kinky Friedman Cigars ceasing Cigar Operations.
- Nov 28, 2013: We reported on the Ora Vivo Armand Assante and Tortuga 215 Reserva heading to Europe.
- Nov 28, 2014: We assessed the J. Grotto Anniversary P555 by Ocean State Cigars.
- Nov 28, 2015: We published the Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 1 (11/28/15)
- Nov 28, 2016: We assessed the Sobremesa Short Churchill by Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust
- Nov 28, 2016: We reported on Alan Willner departing General Cigar
- Nov 28, 2017: We assessed the H. Upmann The Banker Ingot Rosé by Altadis U.S.A.
- Nov 28, 2017: We reported on the Nomad Fin de Los Mundos
- Nov 28, 2018: We reported on the Davidoff Superior
- Nov 28, 2018: We reported on the Bolívar Soberano Edición Limitada 2018 launching in Hong Kong
- Nov 28, 2019: We reported on the release of the Alex Spencer Reserve Mansa
- Nov 28, 2019: We assessed the Viaje Stuffed Turkey White Meat Edición Limitada 2017