The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 342 (8/17/19)
Feature of the Week: José Dominguez Arrested in the Dominican Republic
While it happened the prior week, this week we covered the reports of Dominican Cigar Maker José Dominguez being arrested in the Dominican Republic on tax evasion charges.
2019 IPCPR Product Reports:
- Micallef Migdalia Corona Extra Introduced at 2019 IPCPR Trade Show
- Micallef Reserva Limitada Privada Toro Introduced at 2019 IPCPR
- Micallef Leyenda Special Edition Launches at 2019 IPCPR
2019 IPCPR Spotlights
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: AJ Fernandez Cigars
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Alec Bradley Cigar Company
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: C.L.E. Cigar Company
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Drew Estate
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Global Premium Cigars
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Gran Habano
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Gurkha Cigars
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: La Sirena Cigars
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: LH Premium Cigars
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Oliva Cigar Company
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: RoMa Craft Tobac
- IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Warped Cigars
- Aganorsa Leaf: The Aganorsa Leaf Bonsai was announced as the latest collaboration to be done with Cigar Dojo.
- Davidoff: The Davidoff Kizuna was the latest Vault Series cigar to be released.
- Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust: The Mi Querida Firecracker, a shop exclusive for Two Guys Smoke Shop is returning.
- Kristoff Cigars: The company has released the Kristoff QCP 25 as a shop exclusive for Queensbury Cigar & Pipe 25th Anniversary.
- Royal Agio Cigars: The company is shipping the Balmoral XO Nicaragua
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors is now at 79.
- We published “Tales from a Decade of IPCPR – 2013“
- We published this month’s editorial “Nine Years“
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
No Show this week.
No Show 8/22/19
Episode 107 (8/29/19): Luis Cueva, Casa Cuevas Cigars
Prime Time Special Edition
Special Edition #59 (8/20/19): Alec and Bradley Rubin, Alec Bradley Cigars
On this date August 10th…
- Aug 17, 2010: We recapped a visit to the Gurkha Cigar Booth at the 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- Aug 17, 2010: We recapped a visit to the Oliva Cigar Booth at the 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- Aug 17, 2012: We assessed the Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Habano
- Aug 17, 2012: We assessed the La Duena by My Father Cigars
- Aug 17, 2012: We previewed the Davidoff White Edition 2012
- Aug 17, 2012: We previewed the Alec Bradley Connecticut
- Aug 17, 2012: We published a Cigar Conversation with Sean Williams of Primer Mundo Cigars that we recorded at the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Aug 17, 2013: We published Cigar Week Wrap: Volume 2 Number 31 (8/17/13)
- Aug 17, 2013: We previewed the Nomad S-307
- Aug 17, 2014: We assessed the Dante Vita Nova
- Aug 17, 2014: We reported on Bloodline Cigars adding the Bloodline O.P.A. Maduro
- Aug 17, 2014: We previewed the Insidious by Asylum
- Aug 17, 2015: We assessed the Caldwell The Last Tsar Belicoso
- Aug 17, 2015: We reported on Gran Habano naming Heather Payne National Sales Manager
- Aug 17, 2015: We reported on Espinosa Cigars showcasing New Releases at 2015 IPCPR
- Aug 17, 2016: We reported on the Tatauje La Verite 2013 making its debut at the 2016 IPCPR
- Aug 17, 2016: We reported on the Tatuaje Verocu No. 6 Line Extension Launched at 2016 IPCPR Trade Show
- Aug 17, 2017: We published the feature story Feature Story: Spotlight on Espinosa Cigars at the 2017 IPCPR Trade Show
- Aug 17, 2017: We reported on the availability of the Alec Bradley Black Market Illicit TAA Exclusive
- Aug 17, 2017: We reported on the Padilla 1932 Millisime being launched at the 2017 IPCPR
- Aug 17, 2017: We published the feature story Spotlight on Illusione Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Aug 17, 2018: We published Prime Time Episode 63 Audio: Nate McIntyre, Miami Cigar & Company
- Aug 17, 2018: We published the feature story Spotlight on Esteban Carreras Cigars at 2018 IPCPR
- Aug 17, 2018: We published the feature story Spotlight on Fratello Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR
- Aug 17, 2018: We reported on PDR Cigars expanding the El Criollito Line at the 2018 IPCPR
- Aug 17, 2018: We reported on the Daniel Marshall 24kt Art Cigar Launched at 2018 IPCPR