The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 424 (3/13/21)
Prime Time Jukebox 2021 Dedications Show Requests Being Taken
Prime Time Jukebox is bringing the Dedications Show concept over from Cigar Jukebox. We are asking our audience to submit requests for loved ones who have passed away.
To submit a dedication, please submit an email with 1) The song; 2) Who the song is dedicated to; 3) Any thoughts on the person being remembered and/or why you are picking the song. Emails can be sent to email@example.com.
The dedications should be sent to us by March 26. We will air the show later in the month.
As always, a tradition to the Dedications Show is to light up a Las Calaveras Cigar by Crowned Heads.
Micallef Issues Cease-and-Desist Letter to Privada Cigar Club Over Alleged Unauthorized Sales
Micallef Cigars has issued a press release announcing it has sent a Cease-and-Desist letter to Privada Cigar Club. Micallef has claimed Privada Cigar Club has been acting as an unauthorized retailer for its products. We have the details here.
- JR Cigar/Crowned Heads: The next installment of the JR Cigar 50th Anniversary Series is the Mother Church by Crowned Heads.
- CLE Cigar Company: Announced the Asylum Martes 13 Limited Edition
- Protocol Cigars: The Protocol Taser, a Cigar Dojo Collaboration was announced.
- Vintage Rock-A-Feller Cigar Group: Announced the Art of Magic is shipping to retailers.
- Espinosa Cigars: Humberto “Machito” Garcia of the La Zona factory has passed away
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on Smoke Night Live Episode 281
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 411 – José Blanco, Arturo Fuente
- The Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 Series (Full installments Included)
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 1: Introduction
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 2: East Tennessee
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 3: Middle Tennessee
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 4: Arkansas
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 5: Eastern Oklahoma
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 6: Texas/Oklahoma Panhandle
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 7: Tucumcari, New Mexico
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 8: New Mexico/Arizona
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- Prime Time Special Edition 95: Carlito”Fuente Jr, Cynthia Fuente & José Blanco, Arturo Fuente Cigars
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
3/18: Prime Time Episode 179: Jeffrey Amendola, Amendola Family Cigar Compay
3/30: Prime Time Jukebox Special Edition: The Baseball Show – 2021 Edition
On This Date…
On this date March 13th…
- Mar 13, 2011: We assessed the E.P. Carrillo Short Run 2010
- Mar 13, 2013: We reported on line extensions to the Bernie Parent Cigar
- Mar 13, 2013: We reported on the Aging Room Cigars Mini.
- Mar 13, 2013: We published an Assessment Update for the My Uzi Weighs a Ton Digital Son 6 (MUWAT DS-6)
- Mar 13, 2013: We reported on Nat Sherman Timeless Collection (Nicaragua) line extensions
- Mar 13, 2013: We published a press release for the My Father Special F Event Cigar (Federal Cigar)
- Mar 13, 2014: We published an Assessment Update for the Affinity Robusto by Sindicato Cigar Group
- Mar 13, 2014: We reported on the Crowned Heads – The Angel’s Anvil TAA Exclusive 2014
- Mar 13, 2015: We published an Assessment Update for the AVO Limited Edition 2008 Tesoro (Part of AVO’s Greatest Hits Sampler)
- Mar 13, 2015: We reported on the Davidoff Masterpiece Collection
- Mar 13, 2016: We assessed the Crux Sports
- Mar 13, 2017: We reported on the Cohiba Talismán Limited Edition 2017 being launched at XIX Habano Festival
- Mar 13, 2017: We reported on the La Palina Bronze Label being launched as a part of the 2017 TAA Exclusive Series
- Mar 13, 2018: We assessed the Tatuaje La Vérité 2013
- Mar 13, 2018: We reported on the Protocol K9 Cigar Dojo Collaboration
- Mar 13, 2018: We reported on the Viaje Cache 2018
- Mar 13, 2018: We reported on the 1502 XO Lancero
- Mar 13, 2019: We assessed the MoyaRuiz Hand Gripper
- Mar 13, 2019: We reported on the J.C. Newman Brick House Ciento Por CientoTAA Exclusive
- Mar 13, 2019: We reported on the My Father Cigars tDon Pepin Garcia Original TAA Exclusive Limited Edition 2019
- Mar 13, 2020: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Brick House Toro Maduro by J.C. Newman Cigar Company
- Mar 13, 2020: We reported on the H. Upmann 1844 Añejo