The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 401 (10/3/20)
PCA/CRA Host Town Meeting
On Tuesday September 29, 2020, the Premium Cigar Association (PCA) and Cigar Rights of America (CRA) hosted a virtual Town Hall meeting. You can watch it here. We took two stories from the Town Hall:
- Nine Manufacturers Commit to PCA 2021 Trade Show Exclusives
- Premium Cigar Association Brings Back Another Staff Member from Furlough
Cigar Coop Battle of the Bands Sampler Pack
This is the final week. Next week stay tuned for an exciting contest.
We are participating in a competition sponsored by Smoke Inn with other media brands to see who can build the best sampler pack. You can find out the details here and how to get the samplers.
Summer of ’20 Coverage
Our Summer of ’20 product coverage wrapped up on September 16. We are still publishing additional Spotlight reports.
Summer of ’20 Spotlights
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: ADVentura Cigars
- Summer of 20 Spotlight: LH Cigars
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: United Cigars
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Viaje Cigar Company
- Davidoff: Announced the Zino Platinum Crown Series 2020 Limited Edition Announced
- Drew Estate: Released the Herrera Esteli Ho’ala Tienda Exclusiva for Hawaii
- Emperor’s Cut: The company announced the Jazz Series
- Foundation Cigar Company: The Charter Oak Habano is now shipping.
- Fratello Cigars: Announced a new regional release, The Pennsylvanian
- Imperial Brands: Announced the completion of Sale its premium cigar division is delayed until the end of October
- LH Cigars: We reported on the Nick Panzon and the Lavida Habana LE
- Oscar Valladares Tobacco & Co: The company has released the Super Fly Connecticut Toro and a shop exclusive 2012 by Oscar Barber Pole Lancero
- Southern Draw Cigars: Announced the Desert Rose Lonsdale and Toro Offerings.
- Warped Cigars: Announced the launch of the Proprietary Cigar Company subsidiary and its first release Jason-Dumont
- KMA Talk Radio: Named Val Bradshaw producer.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on Four Shots with Tony and Jeremy
- The Blog: Why I Love Cigars by Nick Perdomo
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
10/6: Prime Time Special Edition 85: Cigar Media & Aging Experiment #3
10/8: Prime Time Episode 159: Oliver Nivaud, United Cigars
On This Date…
On this date Oct 3…
- Oct 3, 2010: We reported on the Lite Up Charlotte event.
- Oct 3, 2010: We assessed the San Lotano Connecticut
- Oct 3, 2011: We assessed the Pinar Del Rio Liga Especial Reserva Superior
- Oct 3, 2012: We did an Assessment Update on Tres Reynas.
- Oct 3, 2013: We previewed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Gearhead Gary Crankshaft.
- Oct 3, 2013: We assessed the Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Toro.
- Oct 3, 2013: We reported on the Tatuaje Fausto 10/50 becoming a Shop Exclusive to Up Down Cigar.
- Oct 3, 2013: We reported on My Father Cigars’ Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial (Connecticut Shade) 10/50 to be a Shop Exclusive to Up Down Cigar.
- Oct 3, 2013: We reported on the launch of Lou Rodriguez Cigars’ La Mano Negra.
- Oct 3, 2013: We reported on the launch of the Lou Rod Snub Nose at Lite Up Charlotte.
- Oct 3, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Recluse Amadeus Toro.
- Oct 3, 2014: We reported on the opening of a Davidoff Cigar Lounge in Ridgewood, New Jersey
- Oct 3, 2014: We reported on the expansion of Regius Cigars’ Sales Force in the U.K.
- Oct 3, 2015: We reported on the Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured Yard Bird Event Only Cigar
- Oct 3, 2015: We reported on Davidoff’s joint venture in China
- Oct 3, 2015: We published the Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 45 (10/3/15)
- Oct 3, 2016: We reported on the Viaje Exclusivo Nicaragua
- Oct 3, 2016: We reported on Unlucky 13 Retailers for Tatuaje-The Krueger
- Oct 3, 2016: We reported on the Viaje Full Moon Collector’s Edition 2016
- Oct 3, 2016: We assessed the Archetype Dreamstate Toro by Ventura Cigar Company
- Oct 3, 2017: We assessed the Viaje Piña Bohea
- Oct 3, 2017: We reported on the Davidoff Travel Humidor
- Oct 3, 2018: We published Prime Time Special Edition #40: The Baseball Show 2018 Postseason Edition
- Oct 3, 2018: We assessed the Camacho Coyolar Super Toro (2018)
- Oct 3, 2019: We reported on the VegaFina 1998 VF 52
- Oct 3, 2019: We reported on the La Flor Dominicana R & R Cigar Mansion – Special Football Edition
- Oct 3, 2019: We reported on the Tatuaje Unlucky 26 for Tatuaje The Chuck and Tatuaje The Tiff Dress Boxes
- Oct 3, 2019: We reported Imperial Brands CEO Alison Cooper plans to Step Down