The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 469 (1/22/22)
2021 Prime Time Awards
This week we rolled out four of our Prime Time Awards. These are voted on by our team. You can read about the process here.
- Large Company of the Year: Rocky Patel Premium Cigars
- Small/Medium Company of the Year: JRE Tobacco Company
- Large Factory of the Year: Tabacalera A. Fuente y Cia
- Small/Medium Factory of the Year: Tabacalera Pichardo
Person of the Year will be announced on 1/24 followed by Best Cigar Value Award on 1/25. Due to schedule delays, the Airport Photography Awards are now targeted for mid February, 2022. The Consumer Award will be given first followed by the Industry Award.
2021 Year in Review Coverage: Performance Ratings
It’s in full-force. This week we completed our Performance Ratings.
- 2021 Year in Review: Performance Ratings for Sponsored Cigars & Samples
- 2021 Year in Review: Company Performance Rankings
- 2021 Year in Review: Company Performance by Audience Readership
- 2021 Year in Review: Factory Performance Rankings
- 2021 Year in Review: Cigar Price Performance Rankings
- 2021 Year in Review: Country of Origin Performance Rankings
- 2021 Year in Review: Vitola Performance Rankings
- Casa Cuevas: The company will bring back its limited edition Flaco Sizes at TPE 2022
- Drew Estate: The company will launch the ACID 20 Connecticut Toro at TPE 2022.
- JC Newman Cigar Company: The company will release the José Gaspar line for the Gasparilla event.
- United Cigars: The company will re-launch the La Mezcla Cubana Rothschild at TPE 2022. The company also announced two Firecracker releases for 2022
- Boutique Blends: The company will launch the Aging Room Cigars Quattro Nicaragua Grande at TPE 2022
- Crowned Heads: The company is bringing back the Juarez Shots for a limited run.
- Espinosa Cigars: The company released more details on the Knuckle Sandwich
- Ferio Tego: The company announced the re-launch of the Metropolitan Selection
- Jake Wyatt Cigar Company: The company will release the Lithium Lancero at TPE 2022.
- All Saints Cigars The company will not raise its prices in 2022.
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week Ben Cline [R-VA] signed on as a co-sponsor. The total number of sponsors remains is now 58.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- Alec Bradley Trilogy Authentic Corojo Robusto (2021)
- Tatuaje T110 Reserva
- Protocol The Law (Robusto)
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None This Week
The Smoking Syndicate
- None this week
Features and Blog
- None this week
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 443 – Eddy Guerra, Davidoff
- The Blog: Spare Notes Series #11
- The Blog: Spare Notes Series #12
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
1/27: No Prime Time Show
2/3: Prime Time Episode 217: Jonas Santana, Blackbird Cigars
2/8: Prime Time Special Edition 116: The 2022 Big Game Show w/ Jonathan Carney
On This Date…
On this date January 22nd…
- Jan 22, 2011: We reported on a fire at Camacho Cigars in Honduras
- Jan 22, 2012: We assessed the Xikar HC Habano Colorado
- Jan 22, 2013: We reported on an Oliva Cigar Sampler
- Jan 22, 2013: We assessed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 – Big Bad John “Jackhammer”
- Jan 22, 2014: We assessed the Gurkha Cellar Reserve Limitada
- Jan 22, 2014: We reported on C & C Cigars agreeing to a distribution deal with Orleans Group International
- Jan 22, 2014: We reported on Miami Cigar and Company’s 25th Anniversary Cigars
- Jan 22, 2015: We reported on a City of New Orleans Smoking Ban
- Jan 22, 2015: We assessed the Viaje Farmer Bill Hatchet Handle (2014)
- Jan 22, 2016: We reported on Warped Cigars being named Cigar Media Association Brand of the Year
- Jan 22, 2016: We reported on Matilde Oscura being named Cigar Media Association Cigar of the Year
- Jan 22, 2016: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the E.P. Carrillo INCH Natural No. 64
- Jan 22, 2017: We assessed the Padrón 1926 Serie No. 48 Maduro (TAA Exclusive)
- Jan 22, 2018: We assessed the Tatuaje L’Esprit de Vérité 2013
- Jan 22, 2018: We reported on the Oscar Valladares Ciserón Edition
- Jan 22, 2019: We assessed the 300 Manos Habano Petit Edmundo by Southern Draw Cigars
- Jan 22, 2020: We reported on Kretek International,pulling out of PCA 2020
- Jan 22, 2020: We unveiled our Story of the Decade, Pepper Creme Soda with Fried Chicken
- Jan 22, 2020: We reported on La Flor Dominicana’s plans to attend 2020 PCA Trade Show
- Jan 22, 2021: We reported on El Rey Del Mundo Moves to Forged Cigar Company
- Jan 22, 2021: We reported Arturo Fuente’s announcement for no price increase in 2021