The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 482 (4/23/22)
The Big Board is Live
What is the Big Board? This is meant to be a one-stop-shop where you can go follow all of the happenings leading up to the PCA 2022 Trade Show, and then recap the happenings and product launches from the show. This year’s Big Board will have a comprehensive list of companies, whether they will be attending the show, and if they are attending what products will be launched. We’ve got the details here.
- Favilli Cigars SA: Announced the Granada line
- Freud Cigar Company: Announced its debut line, Superego
- La Flor Dominicana: Announced the Andalusian Bull Golden Bull NFT Project and LFD Rolling School Class of 2021 line
- None this week
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors signed on. The total number of sponsors remains at 59.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
Agile Cigar Reviews
- Alec Bradley Magic Toast Box Pressed Gran Toro (2021 PCA Exclusive)
- Esteban Carreras Chupa Cabra 10 Year Anniversary Robusto Grande
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- No Feature Stories Published this week
- The Blog: The Aganorsa Experience – La Validación Preview
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 454 – Willy Herrera, Drew Estate
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
- No Show This Week
4/26: Prime Time Special Edition 119: Nick Perdomo, Perdomo Cigars
4/27 Prime Time Episode 225: Aric Bey, Black Star Line Cigars
5/2: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 70: 90s Madness Final Four Show
On This Date…
On this date April 23rd…
- Apr 23, 2011: We assessed the Illusione Nosotros.
- Apr 23, 2012: We assessed the My Father Commemorative 911 by Jaime Garcia Blend 343 10th Anniversary Oscuro.
- Apr 23, 2013: We previewed the Casa Magna Domus Magnus II.
- Apr 23, 2013: We republished a press release on “Macanudo Sponsors Upcoming Season of ‘Big Break’ Television Series“.
- Apr 23, 2013: We republished a press release on the Nomad Esteli LE Lot 1386.
- Apr 23, 2013: We previewed the La Gloria Cubana Bella Dama.
- Apr 23, 2013: We did a pre-release assessment on the Viaje Exclusivo Super Lance (Pre-Release Review).
- Apr 23, 2014: We assessed the Partagas 1845 Extra Oscuro.
- Apr 23, 2014: We reported on the release of the Tatuaje Tattoo Series.
- Apr 23, 2015: We reported Crowned Heads and Cigar Chat plans to partner on the Texacali Cigar. This project eventually became The Buckingham.
- Apr 23, 2015: We reported on the Viaje WLP Exclusivo Churchill.
- Apr 23, 2015: We reported on the Viaje Zombie Antidote 2015.
- Apr 23, 2015: We reported on the Viaje Zombie Super Shot 2015.
- Apr 23, 2015: We assessed the AVO Classic Covers 2015 (Volume 1).
- Apr 23, 2015: We reported on the Room 101 Uncle Lee heading National.
- Apr 23, 2015: We reported on the Gran Habano Gran Reserva #5 2011.
- Apr 23, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 22 (4/23/16)
- Apr 23, 2017: We assessed the Cigar Golf Club-The Driver
- Apr 23, 2017: We reported on Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids calling for Trump Administration and Congress to support FDA Deeming Rule
- Apr 23, 2018: We assessed the Davidoff Oro Blanco
- Apr 23, 2018: We reported on IPCPR naming Scott Pearce Executive Director and Dawn Conger VP of Operations
- Apr 23, 2018: We reported on the U.S. tate Department announcing a Reduction of U.S. Embassy Staff in Nicaragua
- Apr 23, 2018: We reported Royal Agio Cigars USA naming Zev Kaminetsky National Sales Director
- Apr 23, 2019: We reported on United Cigars teaming up with Hammer + Sickle for Series Unidas Collaboration Release
- Apr 23, 2019: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Cornelius & Anthony Daddy Mac Robusto
- Apr 23, 2019: We reported on the VegaFina Gran Reserva 2019
- Apr 23, 2020: We reported on the deadline for SE Submission Extended to September 9, 2020
- Apr 23, 2020: We reported on Régis Broersma remaining President of General Cigar Company
- Apr 23, 2021: We reported on the Padilla Poética Pre-Release
- Apr 23, 2021: We reported on our 10,000th article published
- Apr 23, 2021: We reported on the Montecristo B.R.M.