The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 391 (7/25/20)
Ten Years of Cigar Coop
On August 15, 2020, Cigar Coop will mark its ten-year anniversary. In the next ten weeks leading up to the event, we will publish a ten-part series looking back at the history of Cigar Coop. This week we published the seventh installment.
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 1 – Beginnings: The 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 2 – Start Me Up: 2010 through 2012
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 3 – Face the Face: Events, Trade Shows, Factory Tours, and More
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 4 – Won’t Get Fooled Again: The Mistakes
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 5 – My Way: No Regrets
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 6 – Summer of 69: The Cigar Coop – Stogie Geeks Era
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 7 – Freeway of Love: The Pink Cadillac Ride Begins
TMG Optimistic on TPE 2021 Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
With the COVID-19 pandemic wiping out the in-person 2020 Premium Cigar Association (PCA), 2020 Tobacconist Association of America (TAA), and InterTabac 2020 Trade Shows, some questions have arisen as far as 2021’s first tobacco trade show, Tobacco Plus Expo 2021 (TPE). This week TMG (Tobacco Media Group), announced it is optimistic that TPE 2021 will occur and announced a series of steps it is taking to ensure retailers, customers, and attendees can have confidence in that assertion. We’ve got the details here.
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the products many cigar companies plan to release this summer.
This week we hosted a Virtual Trade Show dedicated to Summer of ’20 Announcements and releases:
This Week’s Coverage
- AJ Fernandez Cigars: We covered the AJ Fernandez New World Connecticut Gordo line extension.
- Crux Cigars: The company announced its Crux Epicure Gordo
- Cubariqueño Cigar Company: Announced the Protocol Pool Party Year 1 Event Cigar
- Epic Cigars: The company announced its EPIC TEN cigar as well its distribution expansion into the UK
- Fratello Cigars: The company announced it will now have distribution in Brazil.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- H. Upmann 175th Anniversary by Altadis USA
- Don Lino Africa Duma (2019) by Miami Cigar & Company
- San Lotano Dominicano Toro
Features and Blog
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
7/2: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 15: The Ska Show w/ Eric Guttormson
7/30: Prime Time Episode 149: Steve Abbot, General Cigar Company
8/4: Prime Time Special Edition 80: Omar de Frias, Fratello Cigars
On This Date…
On this date July 25th.
- Jul 25, 2011: We previewed the Liga Privada Unico Serie L40 Lancero.
- Jul 25, 2011: We did a pre-release review of the Room 101 Connecticut.
- Jul 25, 2011: We previewed Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir Line Extensions.
- Jul 25, 2011: We previewed the Elogio Excepcionales.
- Jul 25, 2012: We posted a press release on the improvements to the Shuriken Cutter.
- Jul 25, 2012: We posted a press release on the Ciguardian Angel Travel Pouch.
- Jul 25, 2012: We previewed the Zino Platinum Ten Toro X.
- Jul 25, 2012: We previewed the Nestor Miranda Danno 2012 by Miami Cigar and Company.
- Jul 25, 2012: We previewed the Rocky Patel Private Cellar.
- Jul 25, 2013: We previewed the Viva Republica Guerrilla Warfare.
- Jul 25, 2013: We previewed the Macanudo Estate Reserve (2013).
- Jul 25, 2013: We reported on the return of the Illusione MKULTRA.
- Jul 25, 2014: We reported on the Illusione Fume D’Amour.
- Jul 25, 2014: We previewed the Cigar News: Padron 50th Anniversary.
- Jul 25, 2014: We took a look at General Cigar Company’s releases at the 2014 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Jul 25, 2015: We published the Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 35 (7/25/15)
- Jul 25, 2015: We reported on Maya Selva Cigars new packaging for its Cumpay and Flor de Selva Lines
- Jul 25, 2015: We reported on the Camacho American Barrel Aged Tubo
- Jul 25, 2015: We reported on Toraño The Brick getting new sizes and and new box counts
- Jul 25, 2015: We reported on the H. Upmann The Banker Basis Point No. 2
- Jul 25, 2016: We reported on Drew Estate’s Liga Privada No. 9 and T52 Tubo Offerings
- Jul 25, 2016: We reported on Illusione Cigars’ major portfolio expansion
- Jul 25, 2016: We reported on the Recluse Draconian Connecticut
- Jul 25, 2017: We reported on the Nomad Fin de Los Mundos
- Jul 25, 2017: We reported on the Diesel Grind
- Jul 25, 2017: We reported on the Tatuaje TAA 2017 heading for a national TAA Release
- Jul 25, 2018: We reported on the Alec Bradley Fine & Rare 2018
- Jul 25, 2018: We published the feature story “Spotlight on Global Premium Cigars at the 2018 IPCPR“
- Jul 25, 2018: We reported on the La Gloria Cubana Estelí
- Jul 25, 2018: We published Southern Draw unveiling 300 Hands at the 2018 IPCPR
- Jul 25, 2019: We reported on the Cohiba Spectre 2019
- Jul 25, 2019: We reported on the Espinosa Habano Lancero
- Jul 25, 2019: We reported on the Powstanie Wojtek
- Jul 25, 2019: We published the feature story “IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: La Aurora“