The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 425 (3/20/21)
Prime Time Jukebox 2021 Dedications Show Requests Being Taken
Prime Time Jukebox is bringing the Dedications Show concept over from Cigar Jukebox. We are asking our audience to submit requests for loved ones who have passed away.
To submit a dedication, please submit an email with 1) The song; 2) Who the song is dedicated to; 3) Any thoughts on the person being remembered and/or why you are picking the song. Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The dedications should be sent to us by March 26. We will air the show later in the month.
As always, a tradition to the Dedications Show is to light up a Las Calaveras Cigar by Crowned Heads.
PCA Announces Plans to Go Forward with 2021 Trade Show
It appears as though the Premium Cigar Association (PCA) Trade Show is going on as scheduled beginning July 9th. We have the details here.
Smokin Tabcco Cigar Family Charitable Foundation Fundraiser
See Smokin Tabacco’s one year anniversary fundraiser for the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation.
- Altadis USA: Announced the release of the Montecristo Epic Vintage 12 and Saint Luis Rey Carenas
- JC Newman Cigar Company: Announced the release of the Brick House Beginnings as a 2021 TAA Exclusive
- United Cigars: Announced the Green Monstah collaboration with Asylum Cigars as the latest Series Unidas release.
- Blackbird Cigars: The Ruffed Grouse will be an exclusive for Stogiebird
- DBL Cigars: Announced the La Pipa release
- General Cigar Company: Announced new packaging for the Punch Signature.
- Plasencia Cigars: Announced the Alma del Fuego Cigar Sampler
- Viaje: The Viaje Phat Purple Jalapeño has arrived at stores.
- Micallef Cigars: Announced the release of “A Cigar Journal”
- Biden Adminstration: Xavier Becerra was confirmed as Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Michigan: The State’s Mask Mandate that applied to cigar lounges has been relaxed.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- ACID 20 Robusto by Drew Estate
- ADVentura The Royal Return – Queen’s Pearls Corona
- Muestra de Saka Unstolen Valor by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- 601 La Bomba Warhead VI by Espinosa Cigars
Agile Cigar Reviews
Features and Blog
- The Blog: KMA Talk Radio Episode 412 – Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr., E.P. Carrillo
- The Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 Series (Full installments Included)
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 1: Introduction
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 2: East Tennessee
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 3: Middle Tennessee
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 4: Arkansas
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 5: Eastern Oklahoma
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 6: Texas/Oklahoma Panhandle
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 7: Tucumcari, New Mexico
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 8: New Mexico/Arizona
- The Blog: Pink Cadillac Tour 2021 – The Social Distanced Edition Part 9: Flagstaff, Arizona
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
3/29: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 34: The 2021 Dedications Show
3/30: Prime Time Special Edition: The Baseball Show – 2021 Edition
On This Date…
On this date March 20th…
- Mar 20, 2011: We assessed the Perdomo Reserve 10 Year Anniversary Champagne
- Mar 20, 2011: We previewed the E.P. Carrillo Elencos
- Mar 20, 2011: We assessed the Berger & Argenti Entubar
- Mar 20, 2013: We previewed the Asylum 13 Corojo
- Mar 20, 2013: We assessed the La Palina El Diario KB II (Kill Bill II)
- Mar 20, 2014: We reported on Miami Cigar and Company becoming the exclusive U.S. Distributor for Viva República
- Mar 20, 2014: We assessed the Kristoff 685 Woodlawn
- Mar 20, 2015: We published an Assessment Update for the Viaje Super Shot Criollo 2015 12 Gauge
- Mar 20, 2016: We assessed the Bespoke Basilica A
- Mar 20, 2017: We assessed the Kristoff Connecticut Robusto
- Mar 20, 2016: We reported on the Southern Draw Rose of Sharon.
- Mar 20, 2017: We reported on Rudy Giuliani being named the Keynote Speaker for 2017 IPCPR Convention
- Mar 20, 2017: We reported on the return of the Viaje Exclusivo Shorts
- Mar 20, 2018: We reported on the FDA releasing an ANPRM on Flavored Tobacco
- Mar 20, 2018: We reported on Villiger reaching distribution agreements in Mexico and Canada
- Mar 20, 2018: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the MBombay Corojo Oscuro Robusto by Bombay Tobak
- Mar 20, 2019: We reported on the Diesel Hair of the Dog
- Mar 20, 2019: We reported on Joya de Nicaragua’s 2019 TAA Releases.
- Mar 20, 2020: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Undercrown Shade Suprema by Drew Estate
- Mar 20, 2020: We reported on the Dissident Home 2020