The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 387 (6/27/20)
Ten Years of Cigar Coop
On August 15, 2020, Cigar Coop will mark its ten-year anniversary. In the next ten weeks leading up to event, we will publish a ten-part series looking back at the history of Cigar Coop. This week we published the third installment.
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 1 – Beginnings: The 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 2 – Start Me Up: 2010 through 2012
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 3 – Face the Face: Events, Trade Shows, Factory Tours, and More
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the products many cigar companies plan to release this summer.
This Week’s Coverage
- Altadis USA: The company has announced the Henry Clay War Hawk Rebellious Limited Edition will ship in July.
- Lost & Found: The company announced the GAF Initiative.
- Mombacho Cigars SA: The company is slated to release the Mombacho Cosecha 2015 in July.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Toro
- Rancho Luna Grandes 70 x 7 by JRE Tobacco Co.
- Romeo y Julieta 1875 Connecticut Nicaragua Toro
- Punch Chop Suey
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Cigar Ratings and Criteria by Nick Perdomo
- The Blog: Summer of ’20 “The Big Board” (6/25/20) – Companies Remain in Holding Pattern on Announcements
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
6/29: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 13: Album Archaeology #2: Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin II
7/2: Prime Time Episode 145: Rafael Nodal, Tabacalera USA/Boutique Blends
On This Date…
On this date June 27
- Jun 27, 2011: We provided an update on the Maryland Internet Cigar Sales Ban.
- Jun 27, 2011: We posted a feature story “Jonathan Drew Discusses Tobacco Countries”
- Jun 27, 2012: We assessed the Viaje Roman Candle.
- Jun 27, 2013: We posted a press release announcing Fratello Cigars.
- Jun 27, 2013: We assessed the CAO Hurricane Limited Edition 2013.
- Jun 27, 2013: We previewed the Heisenberg TP40Q by Quesada – an exclusive to Tobacco Plaza.
- Jun 27, 2013: We previewed the Generosos by E.P. Carrillo
- Jun 27, 2014: We previewed the La Aurora Untamed.
- Jun 27, 2014: We previewed the My Father Connecticut.
- Jun 27, 2014: We did an Assessment Update on the Tatuaje Lil’ Drac (Part of the Little Monsters Series)
- Jun 27, 2014: We reported on 262 Cigars making the 262 Allegiance regular production and adding the Corona Vitola.
- Jun 27, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 31 (6/27/15)
- Jun 27, 2016: We reported on the H.R. Claro, H.R. Blue, and Limited H.R. Corona
- Jun 27, 2016: We reported on the Cusano Nicaragua Estelí
- Jun 27, 2016: We assessed the Gaaja Toro by Bombay Tobak
- Jun 27, 2017: We reported on De Los Reyes Cigars showcasing Saga Short Tales Tomo 3, 4, and 5
- Jun 27, 2017: We assessed the Protocol Themis Robusto by Cubariqueño Cigar Company
- Jun 27, 2017: We reported on Rocky Patel Premium Cigars introducing the “x-press” line extension to Java Line
- Jun 27, 2017 We reported on Rocky Patel Premium Cigars introducing the Java Red
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on the launch of the La Barba Primitivo
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on return of the AVO 22 for the brand’s30th Anniversary
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on Cornelius & Anthony’s The Mistress
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on Cornelius & Anthony’s The Gent
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on Foundation Cigar Company’s The Wise Man Maduro Lancero
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on JSK Cigars’ plans to close its online store to focus on Brick and Mortar
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on the Joya de Nicaragua Clasico becoming a Casa de Montecristo and JR Cigar Exclusive
- Jun 27, 2018: We reported on the Black Works Studio Yellow Jacket
- Jun 27, 2019: We reported on JRE Tobacco Company’s Aladino Corojo Reserva Toro
- Jun 27, 2019: We reported on Drew Estate launching the ACID 20
- Jun 27, 2019: We reported on the Pier 28 Connecticut
- Jun 27, 2019: We reported on JRE Tobacco Company’s Aladino Connecticut
- Jun 27, 2019: We reported on JRE Tobacco Company’s Aladino Maduro Corona
- Jun 27, 2019: We reported on RoMa Craft Tobac’s Baka
- Jun 27, 2019: We published the Feature Story “Why Aganorsa Leaf will be “The Company” of the 2019 IPCPR Trade Show“
- Jun 27, 2019: We reported on Ventura Cigar Company Cuban Cigar Factory brand