The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 456 (10/23/21)
Davidoff Year of the Tiger Announced
The 11th installment of Davidoff’s annual Chinese Zodiac Cigar, the Davidoff Year of the Tiger was announced. We’ve got the details here.
- Alec Bradley: The company announced details around the Alec Bradley Trilogy Toro
- Altadis USA: The company announced the Montecristo Collector Series Humidor
- Drew Estate: Announced the Liga Privada Unico Serie UF4 2021 Edition. In addition the company shipped the Undercrown 10 Factory Floor Edition and announced the Second Freestyle Live Kit.
- Forged Cigar Company: The Diesel Sunday Gravy Pecorino has landed on retail shelves.
- General Cigar Company: The company announced the Cohiba Blue 7 x 70.
- Joya de Nicaragua: The company shipped the Dos Cientos.
- Maya Selva Cigars: Announced the Flor de Selva Año Del Tigre
- Oveja Negra Brands: The company is releasing the Emilio La Musa Lancero
- Quality Importers Trading Co: The company announced the Xikar Xi2 Hot Rod Series.
- Forged Cigar Company: Announced the expansion of its sales force.
- House of Representatives: HR 3982 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week two new co-sponsors signed on: Scott Franklin [R-FL] and Joe Courtney [D-CT]. The total number of sponsors is now 46.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- Alec & Bradley Kintsugi Robusto
- Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Box-Pressed Maduro Robusto
- Esteban Carreras Cashmere Toro
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
Prime Time Jukebox
10/28: Prime Time Episode 207: Brad Winstead, Casa de Montecristo
11/1: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 54: Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs Part 2 – 450 to 401
11/2: Prime Time Special Edition 109: TBA
On This Date…
On this date October 23rd…
- Oct 23, 2010: We assessed the La Gloria Cubana Artesanos De Tabaqueros
- Oct 23, 2011: We previewed El Tiante Cigars
- Oct 23, 2012: We published a press release on Gurkha 125th Anniversary winning a Golden Label Printing Award
- Oct 23, 2012: We assessed the Quesada Jalapa
- Oct 23, 2013: We reported on Villiger Cigars, NA naming Fabian Barrantes Director of Marketing
- Oct 23, 2013: We assessed the CRAFT 2013 – La Campaña de Panamá Soberana by RoMa Craft Tobac
- Oct 23, 2013: We reported on the Viaje Full Moon 2013
- Oct 23, 2013: We reported on the process to regulate premium cigars moving to the Office of Management and Budget
- Oct 23, 2014: We reported on the Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial 2014
- Oct 23, 2014: We assessed the Padrón 1964 Anniversary Belicoso TAA Exclusive Natural (2014)
- Oct 23, 2014: We reported on the Viaje Platino Mr. White
- Oct 23, 2015: We reported on the Davidoff Exclusive Edition Tampa
- Oct 23, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the A.J. Fernandez New World Connecticut Corona Gorda
- Oct 23, 2015: We reported on Eleven U.S. Senators urging the OMB to complete a review on proposed FDA Regulations
- Oct 23, 2016: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 5, Number 11a: Why the FDA Said “No” to Charitable Contributions by Cigar Companies
- Oct 23, 2016: We assessed the Nicoya Robusto Fuerte
- Oct 23, 2017: We reported on Manuel Garcia joining Villiger Cigars
- Oct 23, 2017: We assessed the Black Works Studio Boondock Saint Corona Larga
- Oct 23, 2018: We reported on the Drew Estate Pappy Van Winkle Tradition 2018
- Oct 23, 2018: We assessed the Aladino Corojo Reserva Robusto by JRE Tobacco Company
- Oct 23, 2019: We reported on the Caldwell Far Eastern Standard
- Oct 23, 2019: We reported on Drew Estate expanding ACID Accent line with four regional releases
- Oct 23, 2019: We reported on the Drew Estate Deadwood Tobacco Fat Bottom Betty Gordito
- Oct 23, 2019: We reported on the Toscano Garibaldi release for the U.S. Market
- Oct 23, 2019: We reported on Altria’s plans to explore the sale of Nat Sherman International
- Oct 23, 2020: We reported on the Viaje Exclusivo Leaded Maduro Arrives at Stores