The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 388 (7/4/20)
Ten Years of Cigar Coop
On August 15, 2020, Cigar Coop will mark its ten-year anniversary. In the next ten weeks leading up to event, we will publish a ten-part series looking back at the history of Cigar Coop. This week we published the fourth installment.
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 1 – Beginnings: The 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 2 – Start Me Up: 2010 through 2012
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 3 – Face the Face: Events, Trade Shows, Factory Tours, and More
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 4 – Won’t Get Fooled Again: The Mistakes
Premium Cigar Association Furoughs Entire Staff
This week the Premium Cigar Association announced a furlough of its seven-member staff, including Executive Director Scott Pearce. We’ve got the details here.
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the products many cigar companies plan to release this summer.
This Week’s Coverage
- Perdomo Cigars: The company announced details around the Perdomo 10th Anniversary Box-Pressed Sun Grown and Maduro.
- Crowned Heads: The company has announced the Mil Días line.
- Fratello Cigars: Announced the Fratello Arlequín Prensado
- Gurkha Cigars: Announced the Castle Hall Nicaragua line.
- Micallef Cigars: The company announced the Herencia Habano and Herencia Maduro lines
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announced the Black Works Studio Killer Bee Swarm
- Rocky Patel Premium Cigars: We covered the Winter Collection 2020 and the news of the Grand Reserve line heading to the U.S.
- Viaje: The company has released its Summerfest 2020.
- Illusione Cigars: Will now be handling U.S. distribution for Cavalier Genève Cigars.
- Tabacalera SLU: Announced the VegaFina Gran Reserva 2020
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
- La Aurora 115th Anniversary Robusto
- Crux Epicure Maduro Gordo
- Micallef Experiencia La Crema Toro
- RoMa Craft Tobac Baka Pygmy
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Summer of ’20 “The Big Board” (7/2/20) – Slight Increase on Announcements
- The Blog: Why I Opted Out…..
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No show this week
Prime Time Jukebox
7.7: Prime Time Special Edition 79: Abe Flores, PDR Cigars
7/9: Prime Time Episode 146: Glen Case, Kristoff Cigars
On This Date…
On this date June 27
- Jul 4, 2012: We re-posted a press release announcing the Reinado Grand Empire Reserve.
- Jul 4, 2012: We assessed the Fonseca CXX Anni Corona.
- Jul 4, 2013: We previewed the La Flor Dominicana Factory Press Limitado (2013)
- Jul 4, 2013: We previewed the La Flor Dominicana Chapter 1.
- Jul 4, 2013: We previewed line extensions to the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero line.
- Jul 4, 2013: We reported on tubos being added to La Flor Dominicana lines.
- Jul 4, 2013: We previewed the Gravitas by Gramercy Cigars
- Jul 4, 2013: We previewed the Viaje Late Harvest Hang Time.
- Jul 4, 2013: We reported on a joint venture cigar brand from T.L. Johnson Cigars & La Tradicion Cubana Cigars.
- Jul 4, 2013: We reported on the launch of Alonso Menendez Cigars in the U.S. market.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed the Matilde Renacer Lancero.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed the La Boheme by Boutique Blends Cigars.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed Warped Cigars’ Jaridor.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed the Illusione *G* Gigantes.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed the Gurkha Royal Challenge Maduro.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed Gurkha’s East India Trading Company Classic Havana Blend.
- Jul 4, 2014: We reported on Gurkha Cigars Company’s relaunch of the Pedro Martin Ruby and Pedro Martin Maduro.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed the Gurkha Cellar Reserve Edicion Especial.
- Jul 4, 2014: We previewed Warped Cigars’ Jaridor.
- Jul 4, 2014: We reported on the distribution agreement between RoMa Craft Tobac and Tierra Volcan Cigars.
- Jul 4, 2015: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 32 (7/4/15)
- Jul 4, 2015: We assessed the Camacho Liberty 2015
- Jul 4, 2016: We assessed the My Father Garcia & Garcia
- Jul 4, 2017: We published Prime Time Special Edition 6: Five for Five with Mel Shah
- Jul 4, 2017: We reported on the Southern Draw Jacobs Ladder
- Jul 4, 2017: We reported on the D’Crossier Golden Blend Assortment with three new sizes
- Jul 4, 2017: We reported on the Island Lifesyle Importers Tommy Bahama Back Nine Golf Series
- Jul 4, 2017: We reported on the Viaje 10th Anniversary
- Jul 4, 2018: We reported on new offerings in the Drew Estate Tin Collection.
- Jul 4, 2018: We reported on the E.P. Carrillo INCH Ringmaster
- Jul 4, 2018: We reported on the expansion of the Daniel Marshall Cash for Clunkers Program
- Jul 4, 2018: We reported on Island Lifestyle Importers to Launch Island Club Cigars
- Jul 4, 2018: We reported Nevada Health Officials Investigating a potential Norovirus outbreak a the Westgate Hotel and Convention Center
- Jul 4, 2019: We reported on the full-sized Tatuaje Chuck and Tiff being unveiled at 2019 IPCPR
- Jul 4, 2019: We reported on the return of the Viaje Satori Arya returning for 2019