The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 516 (12/17/22)
2022 Cigar of the Year Countdown
- #28: Crowned Heads Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2021 LC50
- #27: La Palina 125 Años
- #26: La Aurora Fernando León Limited Edition Belicoso
- #25: Ferio Tego Elegancia (2021)
- #24: Perdomo Inmenso Seventy Maduro Epicure
- #23: Oliva Serie V 135th Anniversary Edición Limitada
New Zealand Parliament Passes Ban of Tobacco Sales to Next Generation
The New Zealand Parliament has passed legislation that will bar the sale and supply of tobacco products to anyone born on or after January 1st, 2009. In essence, this implements the prohibition of tobacco products to anyone who is younger than 14 as of January 1st at any time in the future. Premium cigars are included in the banned products. We got details here.
- Altadis USA: Announced the Henry Clay War Hawk Churchill
- Cavalier Genève: Announced the Limited Edition Viso Jalapa, the US Regional Exclusive, and the White Series Corona
- General Cigar Company: Announced the CAO Amazon Basin Extra Añejo
- Joya de Nicaragua: Announced the Rosalones Selección Bodegas
- Les Fines Lames: We reported on the Le Petit Damasteel Björksmans Twist
- Quality Importers Trading Company: Announced two Palio Gift Sets
- Warped Cigars: Announced the Don Reynaldo 70th
- None this week
Agile Cigar Reviews
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- None this Week
- None this Week
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- None this week
Prime Time Jukebox
- None this week
12/20 Prime Time Special Edition 132: CA Top 25 Recap
12/22 Prime Time Episode 252: Tim Wong
TBA Prime Time Jukebox Episode 85: Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs Part 10: 50 to 1
On This Date…
On this date December 17th
- Dec 17, 2010:We unveiled our #14 Cigar of the Year for 2010, the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial.
- Dec 17, 2011: We assessed the Rocky Patel Edicion Utica.
- Dec 17, 2011: We unveiled our #14 Cigar of the Year for 2011, the Illusione Maduro.
- Dec 17, 2011: We reported on the Puro PAC.
- Dec 17, 2011: We assessed the VegaFina Jose Seijas 2011.
- Dec 17, 2012: We assessed the Four Kicks Mule Kick Limited Edition 2012 by Crowned Heads
- Dec 17, 2012: We unveiled our #14 Cigar of the Year for 2012, the 262 Revere.
- Dec 17, 2012: We previewed the My Uzi Weighs a Ton (MUWAT) Digital Son 6 and took a closer look.
- Dec 17, 2013: We unveiled our #14 Cigar of the Year for 2013, the Aging Room Maduro by Boutique Blends.
- Dec 17, 2013: We assessed the Leaf & Bean by Esteban.
- Dec 17, 2013: We previewed the Cohiba Comador.
- Dec 17, 2013: We previewed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Crazy Jack Psycho.
- Dec 17, 2014: We reported on Ashton and Boveda ending their distribution agreement
- Dec 17, 2014: We assessed the Don Reynaldo Coronas De Luxe by Warped Cigars.
- Dec 17, 2014: We reported on President Obama’s steps to restore U.S. Diplomatic Relations with Cuba and end the Embargo.
- Dec 17, 2014: We unveiled our #14 Cigar of the Year for 2014, Long Live the King by Caldwell Cigar Company
- Dec 17, 2014: We reported on the Flor del Valle “Las Brumas” by Warped Cigars (Cigar Preview)
- Dec 17, 2015: We unveiled our #14 Cigar of the Year for 2015, the Davidoff Escurio Robusto Tubo (Part 17 of The Box Worthy 30)
- Dec 17, 2015: We reported on Noel Rojas and Brandon Hayes’ plans to open a new factory.
- December 17th 2015:
- Dec 17, 2015: We assessed the Las Cumbres Tabaco Senorial Lancero by Jose Blanco.
- Dec 17, 2016: We unveiled our #22 Cigar of the Year for 2016, the Nomad Martial Law Toro
- Dec 17, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 6, Number 4 (12/17/16)
- Dec 17, 2017: We assessed the Marrero Fuerte Gran Toro BP
- Dec 17, 2018: We reported on Cory Bappert being named Oliva Cigar Company CEO
- Dec 17, 2018: We unveiled our #20 Cigar of the Year for 2018, the Southern Draw Rose of Sharon Lancero
- Dec 17, 2019: We reported on a provision to raise the minimum age to purchase tobacco roducts to 21 in a House Spending Bill
- Dec 17, 2019: We unveiled our #19 Cigar of the Year for 2019, the 1502 Blue Sapphire Lancero by Global Premium Cigars
- Dec 17, 2020: We reported on Atabey and Byron 25th Anniversary Commemorative Humidor Sets for Corona Cigar Company
- Dec 17, 2020: We unveiled our #17 CIgar of the Year for 2020, the Micallef A Churchill
- Dec 17, 2020: We reported on the Romeo y Julieta Devoción
- Dec 17, 2020: We reported on Pure Aroma Cigars’ D’Crossier Golden Blend Reserva
- Dec 17, 2021: We assessed the Casa Magna Colorado Robusto
- Dec 17, 2021: We reported on Fratello Cigars’ price increase
- Dec 17, 2021: We reported on Viaje Cigars bringing back the Late Harvest and Late Harvest Hang Time
- Dec 17, 2021: We reported on the Espinosa Las 6 Provincias Las Villas
- Dec 17, 2021: We published The Smoking Syndicate – Quesada Corner – Casa Magna Liga F Churchill
- Dec 17, 2021: We unveiled our #23 Cigar of the Year for 2021, the Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Box-Pressed Sun Grown Epicure