The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 440 (7/3/21)
PCA 2021 Pre-Game
This week we started our PCA 2021 Pre-Game Series, 2021 PCA Pre-Game Report Part 1: A Look at This Year’s Trade Show and Convention.
Ashton Launches La Aroma de Cuba Pasión
Ashton Cigars has announced the launch of a new line under its La Aroma de Cuba brand, the La Aroma de Cuba Pasión. We’ve got the details here.
Cigar Coop Ironman Streak Reaches 9 Years
Today, Cigar Coop has maintained its daily publication streak for 9 years. That is 3,288 consecutive days of publishing original content on Cigar Coop.
PCA 2021 Big Board
The ongoing PCA 2021 Big Board can be found here.
- Aganorsa Leaf: We reported on the Supreme Leaf Torpedo and the Aganorsa Leaf Aniversario Maduro Toro and Short Churchill. In addition, the company is teaming up with J&J Spirits for a new Single Cask Nation cigar for Two Guys Smoke Shop.
- JC Newman Cigar Company: We reported on the The American Double Robusto
- 7-20-4 Cigars: Announced the 7-20-4 Hustler Five & Dime PCA Show Exclusive
- All Saints Fine Cigars: Announced the All Saints St. Francis Colorado and the All Saints Dedicación Habano.
- CLE Cigar Company: We reported on the EIROA and Asylum PCA Show Exclusive cigars.
- Crux Cigars: Announced the Crux Epicure and Limitada Short Salomones and the Crux Bull & Bear Double Corona
- E.P. Carrillo: Announced the La Historia Parientes
- El Artista: Announced the Buffalo TEN Connecticut and The Slugger Robusto.
- Espinosa: Announced the Las 6 Provincias Las Villas
- General Cigar Company: Announced the Weller by Cohiba
- Jake Wyatt Cigar Company: We reported on the full launch of the Jake Wyatt Lithium
- JR Cigar: Announced the JR Ultimate 50th Anniversary
- La Palina: Announced the La Palina 125 Años and the La Palina KB Series.
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announced the Black Works Studio Hive.
- PDR Cigars: We reported on the revamped PDR El Criollito line
- Room101 Cigars: Announced The Big Payback Sumatra and Room101 12th Anniversary
- Tarazona Cigars: Announced the La Bruja Broomstick
- Toscano Cigars: Announced the U.S. launch of the Toscano Nobile
- Emperor’s Cut: Announced it has signed a deal with Sutliff Tobacco to distribute its line
- House of Representatives: is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week Daniel Meuser [R-PA] and Glenn Thompson [R-PA] signed on as co-sponsors. The total number of sponsors is now at 4.
- U.S. Senate: S.438 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at nine.
- None this week
Agile Cigar Reviews
Features and Blog
- None this week
- The Blog: KMA Episode 425 – Sébastien Decoppet, Cavalier Genève
- The Blog: Press Release – Daniel Marshall Announces Support for Premium Cigar Association Retailers
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
- Prime Time Episode 193: Virtual Trade Expo Day One
- Prime Time Episode 194: Virtual Trade Expo Day Two
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
7/5: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 43: Album Archaeology #7 – Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette
7/20: Prime Time Special Edition 103: TBA
7/22: Prime Time Episode 195: Eddie Ortega, Ortega Cigars
On This Date…
On this date July 3rd.
- July 3, 2011: We assessed the J&D Temptation Maduro
- July 3, 2012: We published a press release on the return of the La Aurora Cien Anos
- July 3, 2012: We published a press release on the La Palina Classic.
- July 3, 2012: We published a press release on the La Palina Maduro.
- July 3, 2012: We published a press release on the East India Trading Company Red Witch.
- July 3, 2013: We previewed the My Uzi Weighs a Ton 7 x 70
- July 3, 2013: We reported XIKAR selling its cigar brands to Cigar International
- July 3, 2013: We previewed the Lou Rod by Lou Rodriguez Cigars
- July 3, 2013: We did a pre-review on the 601 La Bomba Maduro Warhead by Espinosa Cigars
- July 3, 2013: We previewed the PSyKo SEVEN by Ventura Cigar Company
- July 3, 2013: We previewed the Project 805 by Ventura Cigar Company
- July 3, 2014: We reported on AVO’s Greatest Hits sampler.
- July 3, 2014: We assessed the Viaje Roman Candle 2014
- July 3, 2015: We reported on Tatuaje The Jackal
- July 3, 2015: We reported on Courtney Smith and Spencer Drake joining Cornelius & Anthony
- July 3, 2015: We did an Agile Cigar Review on the Las Cumbres Tabaco Señorial Belicoso No. 2 by José Blanco
- July 3, 2015: We reported on Cigar Oasis launching the Smart Humidor Brand
- July 3, 2016: We assessed the LH Colorado Lancero
- July 3, 2017: We reported on Byron Limited Edition Humidors
- July 3, 2017: We reported on Atabey line extensions
- July 3, 2017: We reported on the Joya de Nicaragua Antaño Gran Reserva
- July 3, 2017: We reported on the El Primer Mundo Clase Reserve Connecticut
- July 3, 2017: We published the Feature Story Five for Five-The Five Biggest Cigar Industry Stories of the Past Five Years (Non FDA)
- July 3, 2017: We reported on the AJ Fernandez New World Puro Especial
- July 3, 2018: We reported on the Texas (FDA) Lawsuit transferring to a D.C. Court
- July 3, 2018: We reported on Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured Sweets
- July 3, 2018: We reported the La Barba One and Only 2018
- July 3, 2018: We reported on the Global Premium Cigars Cachitos
- July 3, 2018: We reported on the Ventura Cigar Company’s Archetype Crystals, Curses and Cloaks
- July 3, 2018: We reported on Island Lifesyle Importers’ new Tommy Bahama lighters
- July 3, 2018: We reported on new packaging for Fratello Cigars
- July 3, 2018: We reported on Boutique Blends overhauling its Aging Room Portfolio
- July 3, 2018: We reported on the Familia Rodriguez Tobacos LLC launching Left Hand Cigar Company
- July 3, 2019: We published Prime Time from the IPCPR 2019 with Boris Wintermans, CEO of Royal Agio Cigars
- July 3, 2019: We published the IPCPR 2019 Post Game Report: Day Four
- July 3, 2020: We published Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 4 – Won’t Get Fooled Again: The Mistakes
- July 3, 2020: We reported on the Crowned Heads Mil Días
- July 3, 2020: We reported on the Rocky Patel Winter Collection 2020
- July 3, 2020: We reported on the Viaje Summerfest 2020