The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 392 (8/1/20)
Ten Years of Cigar Coop
On August 15, 2020, Cigar Coop will mark its ten-year anniversary. In the next ten weeks leading up to the event, we will publish a ten-part series looking back at the history of Cigar Coop. This week we published the seventh installment.
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 1 – Beginnings: The 2010 IPCPR Trade Show
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 2 – Start Me Up: 2010 through 2012
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 3 – Face the Face: Events, Trade Shows, Factory Tours, and More
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 4 – Won’t Get Fooled Again: The Mistakes
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 5 – My Way: No Regrets
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 6 – Summer of 69: The Cigar Coop – Stogie Geeks Era
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 7 – Freeway of Love: The Pink Cadillac Ride Begins
- Ten Years of Cigar Coop: Part 8 – Opportunities: The Outside Alliances
RoMa Craft Tobac Cancels September Weaselfest
The COVID-19 pandemic has claimed another event as the September date for RoMa Craft Tobac’s Weaselfest is a no-go. We’ve got the details here.
Summer of ’20 Coverage
We will be replacing our normal IPCPR/PCA Pre-Game Coverage with “Summer of ’20 Coverage.” This will focus on the products many cigar companies plan to release this summer.
Summer of ’20 Spotlights
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Alec Bradley Cigar Company
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Black Label Trading Company/Black Works Studio
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Crowned Heads
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: E.P. Carrillo
- Summer of ’20 Spotlight: Perdomo Cigars
This Week’s Coverage
- Altadis USA: The VegaFina 1998 will be released to the U.S. market.
- Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust: The company will release two new sizes of Mi Querida Triqui Traca.
- JC Newman Cigar Company: Announced the Yagua will ship in August.
- General Cigar Company: Announced the CAO Bones.
- PDR Cigars: Announced revamped Connecticut Valley Reserve (CVR) Line
- Viaje Cigars: The Black & White Series has arrived at retailers.
- Debonaire House/De Los Reyes Cigars: Announced distribution into Latin America.
- U.S. Senate: S.9 is a proposed piece of legislation that calls for an exemption from FDA Regulation for premium handmade cigars. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains at 15.
- U.S. House of Representatives: H.R.1854 is the House Companion Bill to S.9. This week no new co-sponsors were added. The total number of sponsors remains 85.
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Summer of ’20 “The Big Board” (7/30/20) – The Downward Spike
- The Blog: No Furniture Required
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- No Show This Week
Prime Time Jukebox
8/4: Prime Time Special Edition 81: Omar de Frias, Fratello Cigars
8/6: Prime Time Episode 150: George Rico, Gran Habano
8/10: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 16: Album Archaeology #3: The Unforgettable Fire
On This Date…
On this date July 25th.
- Aug 1, 2011: We previewed the Camacho Liberty 2011
- Aug 1, 2011: We recapped the month in review for July 2011.
- Aug 1, 2011: We previewed the Papi Chulo line extension for the Room 101 Conjura Edition.
- Aug 1, 2012: We took a look at the Perdomo 20th Anniversary line.
- Aug 1, 2012: We assessed the Illusione Singulare 2011 Vimana.
- Aug 1, 2012: Our August 2012 Editor’s Corner discussed the 2012 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Aug 1, 2012: We took a look at what to look for on the show floor in our 2012 IPCPR Preview Series.
- Aug 1, 2013: We previewed a line never released – the AVO Serenata.
- Aug 1, 2013: Our August 2013 Editor’s Corner recapped the 2013 IPCPR Trade Show.
- Aug 1, 2013: We published details on Doc Diaz’s 2013 Crush and Roll West Event.
- Aug 1, 2013: We previewed the Ortega Wild Bunch 2013 Wild Bill “Cheroot”
- Aug 1, 2014: We assessed the Tatuaje Tiff (Part of the Pudgy Monsters Series)
- Aug 1, 2014: We previewed the Villiger Tobajara Maduro.
- Aug 1, 2014: We previewed the La Aurora Diamond Preferido 6 x 58 Double Figuardo – a shop exclusive for Michael’s Tobacco in Texas.
- Aug 1,2014: We looked at the revamping of the Dunhill Signed Range Line.
- Aug 1, 2014: We previewed the Casa Fernandez Arsenio Serie Oro.
- Aug 1, 2014: Our August 2013 Editor’s Corner was an IPCPR 2014 postscript.
- Aug 1, 2014; We reported on Grace Sotolongo’s departure from CLE Cigar Company.
- Aug 1, 2015: We published the Cigar Industry Report: Volume 4, Number 36 (8/01/15)
- Aug 1, 2015: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 4, Number 9: Milestones
- Aug 1, 2015: We reported on the Cohiba Luxury Selection LS No. 2
- Aug 1, 2015: We reported on Pura Soul Maduro
- Aug 1, 2015: We published the 2015 IPCPR Post Game Report
- Aug 1, 2016: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 5, Number 9: Green Visor and Typewriter
- Aug 1, 2016: We reported on the Black Label Trading Company Santa Muerte
- Aug 1, 2016: We reported on the Davidoff Grand Cru Toro and Robusto
- Aug 1, 2016: We reported on the MBombay Vintage Reserve Lancero 1973
- Aug 1, 2016: We reported on the return of the La Flor Dominicana Reserva Especial
- Aug 1, 2016: We reported on the Espinosa Murcielago Bête BP and Rond
- Aug 1, 2017: We reported on the Aging Room Quattro F55 Maduro going national
- Aug 1, 2017: We reported on the L’Atelier Imports Surrogates 7th Sam
- Aug 1, 2017: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 6, Number 9: IPCPR 2017 Footnotes
- Aug 1, 2018: We reported on the AJ Fernandez New World Puro Especial Gordo
- Aug 1, 2018: We published the feature story “Spotlight on Bombay Tobak at the 2018 IPCPR“
- Aug 1, 2019: We published Editor’s Corner Volume 7, Number 9: Who is Rick Ross?
- Aug 1, 2019: We reported on the Rocky Patel Number 6
- Aug 1, 2019: We reported on the Perdomo Estate Selección Vintage Box Pressed
- Aug 1, 2019: We published the feature story “IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: La Galera Cigars“
- Aug 1, 2019: We published the feature story “IPCPR 2019 Spotlight: Royal Agio Cigars“