The Cigar Industry Report is a one-stop place to catch up on the activity here at Cigar Coop. It is a combination of the news reports, cigar reviews, and assessment updates we do throughout the week. In addition, each week we will look back at Cigar Coop history. Look for this report every Saturday morning at 8am Eastern Time.
Cigar Industry Report: Edition 492 (7/2/22)
Tim Ozgener Returns to Cigar Industry
After nearly a 12 years out of the industry, Tim Ozgener is coming back. He announced the formation of Ozgener Family Cigars and he is now a partner in Crowned Heads. We’ve got the details here of his return, first release, and second release.
Meerapfel Announces Initial Release
The initial release from the Meerapfel family’s new cigar company will be Master Series. The first installment will be the Richard. We have the details here.
La Flor Dominicana to Release Solis
La Flor Dominicana announced the first blend done by next generation cigar maker, Litto Gomez Jr – the La Flor Dominicana Solis. It is an ongoing limited production release that will debut at PCA 2022. More details here.
Oliva Cigar Company Announces Relaunch of Cuba Aliados
Last year Oliva Cigar Company acquired three brands from the Reyes family. One of those brands was Cuba Aliados. This week Oliva announced details of the relaunch of the brand. It includes a limited edition line made by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo and a core line made at the Eiroa’s Aladino factory. We’ve got more information here.
Groundbreaking on Arturo Fuente Nicaraguan Factory Begins
After four-plus years of announcing plans to build a factory in Nicaragua, Arturo Fuente has commenced the process. Our article is here.
- Alec Bradley: The company confirmed it will announce an exclusive offering to 2022 PCA Trade Show
- Casa Cuevas Cigars: Announced the Sangre Nueva
- Ace Prime: Announced the Mas Igneus cigar line
- ADVentura Cigars: Announced Barbarroja’s Invasion and the La Llorona line
- ATL Cigar Co: The company announced the new ATL Magic Belicoso. In addition the ATL Black will now be produced at Tabacalera Pichardo and a new Gran Toro is being added; and announced the ATL Libertad is being rebranded to ATL Fye
- Don Doroteo Cigars: Announced its first line, El Legado
- E.P. Carrillo: Announced the E.P. Carrillo Pledge Lonsdale Limitada
- Elie Bleu: Announced the 360 Scissor, Alba Collection offerings for the J-15 Lighter and EBC-4 Cutter, and the Casa Cubana J-14 Jet Lighter
- Espinosa Cigars: Announced the 601 La Bomba Warhead VIII, Espinosa 10th Anniversary and La Zona 10th Anniversary
- Favilli Cigars: Announced details of the Coffee & Cigars line with Fabien Ziegler
- Foundation Cigar Company: Announced the Highclere Castle Senetjer and the two-blend line known as Olmec
- German Engineered Cigars: Announced the launch of the Autonom Lineup
- Gran Habano: The company announced details of the long awaited Gran Habano 20th Aniversario
- Gurkha Cigars: The CGurkha Colección Especial Figurado is heading to TAA retailers
- HVC Cigars: The company announced the 500 Years Anniversary Salomon
- Lampert Cigars: Announced the soft launch of the Lampert 1593 Edición Blanca
- Meerapfel: Announced the release of the Richard Master Series
- Meier & Dutch: Announced Latitude Signature Zero and the return of the Evelio
- Micallef Cigars: Announced the lowercase “a” is being added as a regular production release.
- Oveja Negra Brands: Announced the Emilio Suave Maduro
- Padron Cigars: Announced the Padrón Family Reserve No. 96 release
- Plasencia Cigars: Announced the Plasencia Alma Fuerte Colorado Claro Eduardo I
- Corona Cigar/Davidoff: have ended their partnership on their Tampa store. Ownership of the store will go to Jeff and Tanya Borysiewicz.
- Exemption Tracker
- FDA: The comment period on the proposed ban on Flavored Cigars has been extended until July 2
Agile Cigar Reviews
- None this Week
The Smoking Syndicate
Features and Blog
- The Blog: Aaron Loomis and Will Cooper Guest on Smoke Night Live
- The Blog: Bear Duplisea Guests on How Bout That Cigar
- The Blog: Will Cooper Guests on Herf Zone Live with Shirtless Mike
- The Blog: Nirka Reyes – The Final Puff (Episode 4) with Fred Rewey
- The Blog: Spare Notes #16: NASEM Report
- The Blog: Spare Notes #17
Prime Time Podcasts
Prime Time Show
Prime Time Special Edition
- None this Week
Prime Time Jukebox
- None this Week
7/21: Prime Time Episode 235: Eddy Guerra, Davidoff
TBA: Prime Time Jukebox Episode 124 TBD
On This Date…
On this date July 2nd…
- Jul 2,.2011: We re-posted a press release on the Torano Loyal.
- Jul 2, 2012: It was the last day we missed a day of publishing content on Cigar Coop!
- Jul 2, 2013: We previewed theFlor de las Antillas 6 x 60, a shop exclusive to Binny’s Beverage Depot in Illinois.
- Jul 2, 2013: We assessed the Viaje Secret Sauce.
- Jul 2, 2013: We reported on La Aurora’s Adds box-press extensions to the Guillermo Leon and Fernando Leon lines.
- Jul 2, 2013: We previewed CAO Flavours American Slyce.
- Jul 2, 2014: We reported Quesada Oktoberfest 2014.
- Jul 2, 2014: We assessed the Nat Sherman Sterling.
- Jul 2, 2014: We previewed the Ashton Symmetry.
- Jul 2, 2014: We previewed the J. Fuego Heat Corojo.
- Jul 2, 2014: We previewed the Chubbys Boss by Cuban Stock Cigar Company.
- Jul 2, 2015: We reported on the D’Crossier Selection 512 Lancero.
- Jul 2, 2015: We reported on the La Mission du L’Atelier
- Jul 2, 2015: We assessed the Gran Habano Gran Reserva #5 2011 Gran Robusto
- Jul 2, 2015: We reported on the Davidoff Nicaragua Mini Cigarilloso
- Jul 2, 2016: We assessed the La Galera Connecticut Chaveta by IndianHead Cigars
- Jul 2, 2016: We reported on Trade Associations requesting a delay for Effective Date of FDA Regulations
- Jul 2, 2016: We reported on the RoMa Craft Tobac CroMagnon Monolith
- Jul 2, 2016: We published Cigar Industry Report: Volume 5, Number 32 (7/2/16)
- Jul 2, 2017: We reported on Debonaire packaging updates
- Jul 2, 2017: We reported on the Debonaire Daybreak
- Jul 2, 2017: We reported on the Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust’s Todos Las Dias
- Jul 2, 2017: We reported on the Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust Muestra de Saka Nacatamale
- Jul 2, 2017: We published 2017 IPCPR Pre-Game Report Part 2: The Trends to Watch
- Jul 2, 2018: We reported on the Drew Estate Isla del Sol Maduro and Isla del Sol Sun Grown Gordito
- Jul 2, 2018: We reported on the Southern Draw Cedrus – The Hogan
- Jul 2, 2019: We published IPCPR 2019 Post Game Report: Day Three
- Jul 2, 2019: We published the feature story Tales from a Decade of IPCPR – 2012
- Jul 2, 2020: We assessed the Crux Epicure Maduro Gordo
- Jul 2, 2020: We reported on the VegaFina Gran Reserva 2020
- Jul 2, 2020: We published The Blog: Summer of ’20 “The Big Board” (7/2/20) – Slight Increase on Announcements
- Jul 2, 2021: We reported on the La Palina KB
- Jul 2, 2021: We reported on the All Saints St. Francis Colorado
- Jul 2, 2021: We reported on the 7-20-4 Hustler Five & Dime
- Jul 2, 2021: We reported on the All Saints Dedicación Habano
- Jul 2, 2021: We reported on the full launch of the Jake Wyatt Lithium
- Jul 2, 2021: We reported on E.P. Carrillo La Historia Parientes